Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Default Crafter's Companion?

I recently took a chance and placed an order with Crafter's Companion, for a set of their "Rock-A-Block" acrylic blocks. Has anybody here dealt with them? Comments of good, bad, or indifferent?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:56 PM

yes, i have tried to mess with the rock-a-block acrylic blocks...and they are too hard to mess with..if someone starts out using them they may be fine for them...but i am a seasoned stamper ( yrs ) ...and i need my blocks to stamp an image when i press straight down the first time..when i tried the rock-a block mounts...it was too hard to stamp , i wasted so much paper trying to get a perfect image because the only way it stamps is to have a full rocking motion..i did not like that..it was also too hard to line up..i prefer the flat mounts..just press down and i am done..i dont have to rock..but this is just my preference..good luck girl
Old 10-21-2012, 02:47 PM
paperaddict

I have 2 rocking style blocks....and love them for the very large and cling mounts that have a less than perfect contact with a flat mount. If you practice a bit on some old scrap paper they should work well....my crafty ladies love them.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:26 PM

I thought you may be asking about the store, Crafters Companion. If so, they get a thumbs up from me!

I ordered some markers and mistakenly had ordered duplicates. I contacted them and it was no problem to send them back and get a refund. There also had been a backorder and I was promptly informed and given the opportunity to leave them on b/o or cancel until they were in. Good communication.

I've thought about trying those blocks also - hope you like them!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:17 PM

I'm liking the rock-a-blocks, since with the MS my hands don't always hold the acrylic blocks so well. My next order will include the enelobox creator to make thicker envelopes, and a few pages of the EZMagnetic 2-N-1 Panels to store my growing collection of dies. Going to wait a bit before that, since I got carried away with black Friday and cyber Monday sales! DH doesn't seem to mind what goodies I get, but don't want to push my luck.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:52 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
...a few pages of the EZMagnetic 2-N-1 Panels to store my growing collection of dies.
Have you considered making your own storage panels/books? I have a growing collection of the thin dies as well and came across these handmade storage books when I was looking for an easily accessible way to store my dies. I have to get magnets (think I got rid of them in my last purge), but it's going to be my next personal project

Nestabilities and MFT Dienamics Storage Solution

Nestabilities storage