Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:06 PM

Unhappy Muse is missing!

Have three cards to make by tomorrow evening. Near as I can figure she must be a teeny bit overhung, even though I personally only had one glass of wine on New Year's Eve. Have ideas for them, just don't have the kick in the pants I'm needing to get to work on them! Hoping that forcing myself to get to work on the easiest one will help me to get started. Also hoping that DH can encourage me. One of my resolutions is to not wait until the last minute to create stuff, so we'll see how that goes.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:04 AM
stampin stacy

My muse must be on a very "extended" vacation as she has been gone a long time. Thank goodness for my generic stockpile of cards made in advance. I just have to add the insides and - or a tag/plaque with a specific greeting to the front such as "thinking of you", etc...

Hope your muse returns soon!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
My muse must be on a very "extended" vacation as she has been gone a long time. Thank goodness for my generic stockpile of cards made in advance. I just have to add the insides and - or a tag/plaque with a specific greeting to the front such as "thinking of you", etc...

Hope your muse returns soon!

Me too, thank goodness when I have a spurt of creativity I'll whip some cards and have them ready to go.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Craft Curmududgeon

Talking

I kicked all my Muses to the curb a few years back. They ceased to amuse me!

These days I use '5 hour energy'...
Old 01-03-2013, 06:59 AM
stampin stacy

LOL
Old 01-03-2013, 02:04 PM

i also have been in a poooo art for the last 2 months...i have had 3 deaths in the last month...and the folks were very sick and i was trying to help them...running back and forth to the hospitals and such...i havent had time to breath the last 3 months really...its been rough
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM
stmpstone

My Muse has been on pain pills since my rear end auto accident last month. To keep going, I look at the card samples on Pinterest and it seems to wake up my Muse and excites her into action. It sparks interest in what I have in my rubber room, some which has never been used. I think I'm just too old to be bounced around. I just don't bounce like I used to bounce. It will be better.
Claudia
Sorry, inkkyjo. Sickness and death are hard to deal with.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 AM

I wish my monitor showed colors..but its broken and only shows white and grayish black colors.....thats why i could never do alsmouse's tag swap...hew swap called for everyone to go to a site here on the pc to get the colors she was wanting us all to use..well that dropped me out quick...she offered to send me the colors in the mail...but that way too exspensive for her....i will feel better in a few weeks...sunny days i just do better....it would help if i weren't crippled..i think the cold gets me hurting really bad and then i get depressed...and then no art ideas...lol..it will come along..when folks enter my swaps, it makes me feel better...it gives me something to look forward to
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 AM

Pleased to report that my muse is making periodic appearances. Have made two bday cards and a sympathy card. Another bday and a friendship card by Wed. and swap stuff in the next week. Feels wonderful to be creating again!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:35 AM

My muse comes back when I just start doing some art. If I just sit and think or look at others stuff, I freeze up my muse. I think it is because when I start playing with ink and color that I can forget everything else. Of course I am not saying everything I make at those times are any good! But just get started