Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:55 AM

I just mentioned in a different thread my muse went away. I am so happy to see this thread. I was feeling alone. InkyJo- I am sorry for your losses.

I am trying to get my muse back too. Last year was sucky year of the life award. I keep trying to work on projects. I always feel like I should create something complex and my muse goes away again. I am thinking of doing simple things like stamping images and a bit of coloring.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 PM

Mine has been pretty much missing since last Christmas. . .longest time ever! I colored too much last year and then I had to do multiples for eldest's grad party and Mom's 80th. First time in many years that I didn't do our church's holiday craft fair; I didn't have anything made up ahead and knew a two month push would make me a real cranky pants. They did need me - too many craft jewelers and not enough variety.

I am currently waiting on a date for a test on my arm/hand. I'm probably going to have to change some of my techniques to stay away from massive coloring - chalks I seem to be able to still do, maybe watercolors? I'll just have to wait and see.

The table is almost cleared of Xmas wrapping paper and decorations. If I can keep a clear space, maybe I can get back into the swing of things. (This means hubby will have to put away tools for home repair projects!)

Last edited by piecesandpom; 01-07-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-09-2013, 05:15 PM

thats one reason you guys never see me coloring a large thing in my swaps...i have both arms and hand crippled in my motorcycle wreck...i totaled it..it was a major loss, i died 3 times in one week..i am lucky to be here..got metal in both lower legs, tibias and fake knees..so yes, i hurt a lot...but the hand and arms are really bad to lose function from...i hope you can get some relief girl..its bad when you hurt there...but maybe you can try embossing...i do that a lot for color..just heat embossing and then if i need color i will hit it with a marker ..i just dont color a lot..i think thats another reason i do small things like atc's, twinchies and inchies...there's hardly no coloring going on in them...they are really small and so easy to do quick
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM

I think working in smaller formats would probably work better for me, thanks inkkyjo! I also had fun playing with Mom's 80th b-day celebration invites. It was clean, simple and still worked for the tea party theme.

This means I do have to purge my stash. . .
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Hi and Happy New Year. I have had a very messy craft area and it is not a space where I can create. Currently my work had been very stressful and not happy so I had to switch gears and have been reading sci-Fi, killing stuff on WOW and sewing so that my mind is still working but my stamping is in a state of slumber. I am not gone but away for awhile. I just don't have much me time anymore with the youngest son moved out of the house as of early December to present and my work hours jumbled up and such. Maybe when the weather warms up in the garage I can claim back my space and beat back the spider webs, lol. No seriously the cob webs are there and maybe some spiders I might not want to meet! :0! Just hang in there and try other things as many others have suggested already..change techniques or mediums to work in. Pull out a sketch pad and go, go, go!
Pieces be well! Hugs all
Old 01-11-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesandpom View Post
I think working in smaller formats would probably work better for me, thanks inkkyjo! I also had fun playing with Mom's 80th b-day celebration invites. It was clean, simple and still worked for the tea party theme.

This means I do have to purge my stash. . .
oh yea, i remember that piecesandpom, when you said you were starting to work on your moms 80th birthday invites...i dont know how you did it...but you did...that was a huge job..when i seen you doing all that, it made me think on how i could get more things done here after each surgery i have...i did remember you doing this, and it spiked my thoughts into getting back to my art quicker..and it worked
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 AM

Ack! We had a mini flood in the creating room - it's utter chaos! I was hoping to try a few Xmas things I didn't get to do but I still have no table!!! And, this would have let me purge items I no longer need. . .No organization is a major reason for my having no muse.

And I really dislike it when someone else's messes take up space in MY space. Why don't folks - my family members - put things back where they belong?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 AM
stampin stacy

Quote:
Ack! We had a mini flood in the creating room
uh oh, I hope nothing was ruined...

lol, I miss my son already but having him home for the holidays sure reminded me how much I hate his habit of leaving things just laying around instead of putting them away.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 AM

To be honest, I haven't yet opened the credenza that has papers and embellies in it; the drawers are facing the end of the table so I can't check. I'm hoping the contents are okay. We caught it early enough that the thin leather veneer seems to be okay. I'll be polishing that up to restore it. Wish I could move it but the top has been the place Pieces sits and watches the birds when she isn't chasing ribbon and other embellishments.

I'm off to organize at least my hutch and work on sentiments today! Youngest is only home until Sunday and some items still need to take the trip up to the attic and get out of my crafting space.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:18 AM

Sorry to hear about the surgeries and natural disasters. I am now recovering from a lumpectomy with a very good pathology report. My muse is just waking again. I have always told others that one should do as much as they can with what they have, but when you can't do that anymore, just find something else to do. That's where I'm headed. I tried to tat again last night but the right arm is just not ready.