Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Voracious Reader

Default Hold me back!

While searching for florist foam for some dried flower arrangements I'm making, I discovered that a Michael's craft store had moved in just 7 or 8 miles north of me. A friend always talked about the Michael's in her area in the next county, but this was my first visit to one of their stores.

To make a long story short, I found the florist foam and about 30 other items I knew I just couldn't live without when I saw them. I bought stamps, pads, stickers, markers, stick-on beads, a portable Fiskers paper cutter, flowers and butterflies to dress up my red hats, craft tweezers, mini glue dots, card stock, glue, and a really neat card keeper box with dividers. I'm in heaven with my new stuff. Now all I have to do is find homes for all of it.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:11 PM
paperaddict

;-)
Old 07-08-2013, 03:28 PM

Just start playing with all that stuff. Sounds like a treasure hunt. I love my fiskars cutter.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:30 PM

How fun was that???!!! I'e been lucky to have both J's and Mikes close to me. A Hobby Lobby is about an hr away, made the trip once, won't go back.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Sign up for their ads & print out the coupons. Makes you feel less guilty when you shop if something is on "sale". I love their $1.50 bins. And when they do clearance it can be a fun day. It can be an evil place too. All those goodies calling your name.
At lease you have a good reason to play in your craft room now. You just HAVE to try out all your new goodies.
~C8>
Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 PM

The M store will only allow you to use one coupon a day. I know a couple and they always have 2 and they pay separately but it is all for her papercrafts. The J store is much more generous with coupons and you can bring in several as long as they have different numbers on them. They have a mailing list and send coupons a couple times a month. Sometimes both stores have them in newspaper ads.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Voracious Reader

I also found out that we have an A.C. Moore just up the road from Michael's. When my credit card settles a bit, I'll go visit there.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:09 PM

Artists supply stores have wonderful papers, paints, markers and inks. It is a candy store for creative types.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:27 AM

Oh Lady K that sounds so much fun. You got some really nice things. I use to live down the street from Michael's. Now, that I moved it's clear across town. When my DH goes to Home Depot I am in Michael's since it's next door to one another. I miss my Michael's.

Next time you go check out the Recollections items. It's the same items from the top companies repackaged under the Recollections name. Recollections is Michael's brand.

Michael's has an app for your smart phones and tablets. The coupons are always loaded for you. Michael's takes competitor coupons too. They will price match if it's the same thing in a competitor's ad. My DH keeps the Michael's app on his phone so when we go shopping we can use the coupon twice. I don't know if any other Michael's stores will allow this. DH & I are regular's so my Michael's allows us to do that since my DH is buying his art supplies and I am buying my things.

My big love at Michael's right now are charms and the decor department. My DH got me the coolest charm a couple of weeks ago. It's a spinning Buddha. I love it and can't stop playing with it.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 AM
stampin stacy

Once the newness of M's wears of it won't be so dangerous to walk into as they do tend to carry mostly the same stuff all the time.

Recollections started as a separate line of scrapbooking stores but they ended up going out of biz several years ago. Really interesting that they have started using the name in Michael stores now. Makes me wish I still had an inside connection to company "scoop".

If you have coupons for specific items such as 40% off a certain brand and a generic 50% off anything coupon then most M's will let you use both but usually they will not let you use similar coupons such as generic 40% and 50% at the same time. I managed to use 5 coupons (printed from their online website) in one trip with only 2 ring ups recently, maximizing a gift card The sales girl was very helpful with figuring which items to ring up together. I did not go at a peak buzy time though.