Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 AM

Viva Las Vegas manufactures everything in the USA, in Las Vegas. They also have a wonderful store and a website and blog full of ideas.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 AM

Fab- I am always peeking at VLV's store and blog. I mentioned VLV because I know Stampo is here. ! I did discover his stamping store from a magazine. Then I went online to look up the store.

I actually found RubberStampChat because I was Googling Horse projects one day and ran across InkyJo's beautiful horse she made. One of my all time favorites. That very same week I was looking through RSM's web links and this site was listed.

I always make a list of web sites I want to visit when I read my magazines.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:35 AM

I have a friend who sends me crafty web links and sometimes we discuss what we see there. It is fun and a good distraction from health problems.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 AM

i would agree with that fab i know it helps me mentally
Old 02-23-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Fab- I am always peeking at VLV's store and blog. I mentioned VLV because I know Stampo is here. ! I did discover his stamping store from a magazine. Then I went online to look up the store.

I actually found RubberStampChat because I was Googling Horse projects one day and ran across InkyJo's beautiful horse she made. One of my all time favorites. That very same week I was looking through RSM's web links and this site was listed.

I always make a list of web sites I want to visit when I read my magazines.
aweee, thanks lylacfey...did you know, that i drew my horse pattern, i couldnt find one that i wanted to use..and sassy told me to just draw one...and it worked out really cool..i took out a horse magazine and stuck it on the front door with tape where the sun shined thru and then i placed a white thin paper over it and i just traced the horse outline, then i layed out the thin horse pattern on heavy cardstock and traced it and cut out...and went to town on it..adding the mane and tail and all the heat embossing..so when you guys see images in magazines you like, just tape them to your glass front door and trace..you will open up a whole world of new patterns for free
Old 02-23-2013, 11:57 AM

Free! My favorite thing. Sometimes I use the computer to change the size of something so it fits my needs.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkyjo View Post
aweee, thanks lylacfey...did you know, that i drew my horse pattern, i couldnt find one that i wanted to use..and sassy told me to just draw one...and it worked out really cool..i took out a horse magazine and stuck it on the front door with tape where the sun shined thru and then i placed a white thin paper over it and i just traced the horse outline, then i layed out the thin horse pattern on heavy cardstock and traced it and cut out...and went to town on it..adding the mane and tail and all the heat embossing..so when you guys see images in magazines you like, just tape them to your glass front door and trace..you will open up a whole world of new patterns for free
Sent you a PM too. I love your idea of templates. That is so brilliant. I never thought about taking my magazines and tracing outlines. Oh my gosh you gave me a billion ideas especially for my fashion magazines. I love a lot of the model poses for dolls. Truly, thank you! You made my whole year.

I think this is template week for me. I love to do polymer clay. I was watching a Polymer clay video the other day. The girl printed out a Hello Kitty coloring page and she used that as a guide to make a Hello Kitty charm. It was absolutely brilliant too. Can you imagine all the money and space not buying cookie cutters or other polymer clay tools?
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 AM
stampin stacy

That is kinda what I did to create that male doll template I have. I used a light box and traced a female template out then redrew around that taking out most of the "curves" and whalla (sp?) male doll.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:33 AM

You might want to make that doll a bit taller for the male. I do that with photoshop but you can do it in Word or Print Shop by just stretching the image.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:09 AM
stampin stacy

I used a black marker around all part edges and then re-scanned the whole template and saved it as a jpeg, so I can make him any size I want.