Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 AM
stampin stacy

I took some wire hangers, untwisted them at the top, then slide some of my ribbon spools onto them. I can now grab a "coat hanger" bring it over to my desk to decide which one, then cut how much before hanging it back up in the closet out of the way. Terrific for holiday package ribbon too, btw.

I also have a wall shelf thing I got years ago at a discount store that has a metal bar across the bottom. It is supposed to be for hanging a quilt on but I put ribbon on it. 2 for one storage with the self.

I'll try to get a pic of both for everyone to see what I'm talking about....
Old 02-19-2010, 07:45 PM
AZGramTN

I have a ton of ribbon and I hardly ever used it because it wasn't visible to me so......... I bought about 10 packs of the plastic ribbon holders. I wrapped ribbon on them till I was blue in the face. Then I placed them in color rows in a pizza box, I made separation columns with chipboard. Now I put them in my drawer next to me but I just keep the drawer open when I make cards and I have rows of colored ribbon to choose from. If you need to see a picture contact me and I take one.
God Bless,
Jeanine
www.blstamper.blogspot.com
Old 02-20-2010, 07:35 AM
stampin stacy

Sounds like an interesting idea. Pizza boxes are such handy things.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:18 AM

I keep mine on the original spool and have them on a wooden dowel. Then I use strait pins to keep them from unraveling.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:47 AM

I store small pieces - in the baggies that are made for embrodery Floss and hang them on the large rings that are made for that purpose. You can get a number of rings and set it up by color or type, which every you prefer.

There was also someone who sold platic cards to wrap the ribbon around and the middle of the card had a zigzag like slit to grab on to the ends. I am afraid I can't remember who that was and if they still make them, put you can just cut long cardboard pieces and wrap the ribbon to keep it from getting wrinkled. I then store them in lidded square clear containers that you can get at Michaels.

Large rolls of ribbon I just store in Large jars that have large openings. The big snack jars that you buy for the kids with pretzels in - you know any thing from BJ's.

Last edited by linda romero; 02-26-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 AM
HolleyTX

I use those clear bags (heavy plastic with holes in them, sorry I can't think of the names). At any rate, they remind me of lunch box sizes), you stick your ribbons in there and thread the ribbon through the hole and stick it out one spot then when you need ribbon just pull it out. Holds a ton of ribbons and works great!

Holley
a new project everyday! http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 03-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolleyTX View Post
I use those clear bags (heavy plastic with holes in them, sorry I can't think of the names). At any rate, they remind me of lunch box sizes), you stick your ribbons in there and thread the ribbon through the hole and stick it out one spot then when you need ribbon just pull it out. Holds a ton of ribbons and works great!

Holley
a new project everyday! http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
that sounds like a great idea. I'm just not sure what kind of bags you are talking about. Is it a bag with a lot of holes in it? Where do you get them?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 PM

I don't have the space right now to keep the ribbon on the spools so I did what Becca Feeken did and put the ribbon onto cardboard spools and then divided a drawer. Placed the ribbon in the drawers by color family. It saves so much space! I also transferred the product info onto the spools so that I know what is what when I submit items for publication.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:31 PM

The best ribbon organisation I've seen online was using the skinny little cropper hopper embellishment boxes in a drawer. It looks fantastic... You can see her ribbon here.
Personally, all my shorter bits of ribbon are stowed in a plastic tackle box with all the dividers in it. I have three or four ribbons in each segment, arranged by colour. It's not the neatest arrangement in the world, but it works. My rolls of plain ribbon are in a ribbon box, and my fibers and any longer/larger ribbons/lace are are randomly jumbled in shoe boxes.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:19 PM

This is Patter's storage system and she always stores everything so neatly. She has great storage ideas too!