Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2010, 09:25 PM

Default Distress Ink Background Tutorial

There are many wonderful ways to use Distress inks. Here is one way to use them to make a beautiful, yet quick and easy background.

You will need a couple colors of Distress inks, craft sheet or piece of vinyl to work on, light color cardstock, spray bottle filled with water and a spray bottle filled with bleach.

Smear Distress inks on craftsheet or vinyl. Spray liberally with water so the ink beads up and is watered down. You can press your cardstock down on the watery ink, or drag it, or tap-tap-tap it. There is no wrong way. Don't be afraid of "white space" (uninked areas on the cardstock). When you are satisfied with the background, lightly spritz with bleach. Use your heat tool to stop the action of the bleach. When dry, use as a background or stamp directly on it.

Watercolor Bamboo stamp from OnyxXpressions
I used cream cardstock, Weathered Wood and Peeled Paint Distress inks; and there was a little bit of Glimmer Mists left on my craft sheet (which only added to my delight).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg distressed bkgd.jpg (20.4 KB, 215 views)