Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Been real & been fun

Default A Stamping Resolution for 2014

New Year's will be here before we know it. In honor of the event, I propose to making a stamping resolution rather than a more generic sort. Those latter ones tend to go by the wayside like a duck to water!
Old 12-17-2013, 12:09 PM

Default GOING

hey everyone, it seems i have lost my battle over my land, they are condemning my old mobile home, i have no where to go, they said i have to be out by jan the 31st....so until i can find a new home/used older home, it will be maybe 6 months before i am able to come back to you all...in the mean time, last month i rolled my truck...i didnt break any bones, but i sure did get hurt all inside my guts...oh, i am so over whelmed with thinking of leaving my home of 15 yrs....just know all friends here, that i think of you all daily...please wish me luck...later you all, JOANNIE DAVIS/INKKYJO
Old 12-17-2013, 04:49 PM

I am so sorry, I will keep you in my thoughts till you can come back.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Been real & been fun

Joannie - I'm happy that you're getting away from that person who has sought to make your life so unbearable. Even though your children have lives of their own, are you certain without a shadow of a doubt in your civilian mind that they wouldn't let you hang your hat with them for a bit?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:18 AM
stampin stacy

My New Years resolution is to get organized: the room, supplies and a notebook listing everything. I am sure going to need ya'lls help with support and ideas probably too.

Having all my stamps by company is hampering my creativity big time. I have got to get them organized by category instead. Glad I don't have the thousands that some people do.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 AM

Joanie, my caring thoughts and prayers are with you during this lousy time in your life, my dear stamping friend. I sure hope you're able to find a place to live that will ultimately be better all the way around for you. We'll miss you here on RSC, and hope your return will be soon.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Been real & been fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
My New Years resolution is to get organized: the room, supplies and a notebook listing everything. I am sure going to need ya'lls help with support and ideas probably too.

Having all my stamps by company is hampering my creativity big time. I have got to get them organized by category instead. Glad I don't have the thousands that some people do.
I'll gladly offer whatever help that I can. I, too, have my stamps listed by category and have pretty much done that since day one. Although I haven't taken pics, I rearranged my craft space AGAIN. It's way more functional now that it ever was before. Still, there are certain things that I need and my plan is to go to auctions this next year to see if I can locate those items.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:12 AM
stampin stacy

Still haven't figured out what to do with everything since giving one of my shelves to DS for his dorm. It made room for my sewing machine which is great but some stuff is still sitting on the floor in the way and I'm really tired of stepping over it all. Not to mention I've given up on my filing cabinet, need another one. It was sort of bent/broken when I inherited it many years ago and now the drawer rails and wheels have bent even more. Cannot keep a drawer to stay in place anymore and a drawer full of paper is NOT easy to pick up and try to maneuver back into place.

Anyone else want to share a 2014 stamping resolution??
Old 12-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Been real & been fun

Stacy, do you have any second use office supply stores near you? Or even a thrift store, Goodwill or the like? You could probably pick up a rather decent one for a lot less than new.

I'm not waiting until after the first of the year to carry out all of my resolutions. If I wait, then I'll lose the necessary speed and momentum in getting certain things accomplished. The ones I have to wait on take money: mailing out my late MIL's decorative plates to Steve's half sister in Cali, getting an old photo that's was damaged by fire repaired and copied and sent off to three of Steve's half siblings and two more to his late half sister's two boys, mailing the last two cookbooks to my sister in Montana, moving our personal file back into the office so that Steve can no longer complain about not having a place to put our personal paperwork, rearrange the office prior to moving the aforementioned filing cabinet. Some of the previous things are hampering the flow of my craft room. I do need to get a table or two for my craft room so that I have room for my paper cutter and my Cuttlebug as well as my heat gun and my ginormous dictionary. I do need to put together an alterered notebook for my sister in Montana. I'm going to use some of the ATCs I got in the alphabet ATC swap to fashion her a large sized address book. She's complained of losing hers so I thought an oversized one might just be the ticket. I still need to clean my work area of the papers and scraps from when I made Christmas cards. And I do have a birthday card to make for my BIL in Wisconsin. Definitely have my work cut out for me!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:22 AM
stampin stacy

Yes I have several used goods options but they are not much of a bargain around there, I've checked before. I am a bargain hunter hound dog though - I'll find what I want eventually. In the mean time I can start giving away, thowing out or donating plenty of other stuff.

I unlike you will have wait, I need the kid back at school so I can borrow his room for the mess while I organize it. shhhhh don't tell him.....