Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:46 PM

I have my project planned for next year already. the first try went well, and NO i'm not telling, may change my mind before then. But I'll probably add to it. I bought my big jar of bubbles and I'm going to borrow Dianne's cuddlebug.
I am finished with one July swap, working on Deb's now. changed my mind on that one. well not really I have the first thought started and that is where it lies.
Got some new stamps and Love the one so worked it up, that's what is coming in July, Just a small clue-- I love those alcohol inks and techniques.....
See ya all in July.
The problem with getting them done so early, is I have to wait for everyone else. Bummer
Old 06-30-2011, 09:29 AM

Yes, getting ATC's finished too soon for an upcoming swap makes the wait time too long. I'm taking my July ATC's to Deb tomorrow when I meet friends for "Girl's Day in Dubuque." I have already finished the image for the first 8 for her next swap as well as I am working on projects that I can do away from my studio. I'm so proud of you that you are already thinking to next year. I haven't evem posted tutorials for this year. Let me know how you and the bubbles fair. As you have probably guessed, the messier the technique, the better I like it. I guess I never outgrew mud pies.... LOL I am going to look for beads and corsage pins so I can make bodies for butterflies and dragon flies. I love the idea and can't wait to share it with my stamping sisters in Naples when I return home. Cross crafting and combining crafts makes projects so much more interesting.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Haven't tried the bubbles yet, but am going to soon. I need backgrounds..... I am getting all my crafts out of my kitchen and claiming my table again. My craft space is not organized to my liking, so have to tweak it again. I can't find things. DARN I also bought some glimmer mist i want to play with.... I am NOT going to buy any craft products this month I PROMISE, unless i run out of glue,
Old 07-03-2011, 06:50 AM

I did the bubbles yesterday. What fun. I found 5 reinkers so had a good time. did fine one way to light and did not look like lavender more like a sick something, but put 2 other colors with it and it looks good now. Want to play with more things techniques to learn
Old 07-07-2011, 10:26 AM

I found beads but fogot coursage pins at Michael's in Dubuque Friday but do have pins in Naples. I love the bubbles, but I guess I'm still a little kid who will never grow up 'cause I love to color too. I have been pressing Sheryl's flowers ---single hot pink roses that turn a beautiful lavendar and deep purple clematis. I tired rose buds but they smash into a huge blob. I need to go ditch diving for rubecia, chickory and bee balm. I learned the hard way last summer to press bee balm outside due to the very strong smell. I've also been cutting up soda cans and running them through the Cuddlebug for September ATC's. The main image is stamped, stippled and chalked so am part way there. I am so grateful to you for bringing the Tweety Jill books. I have perused the technique and ATC's books several times and never tire of looking at them. I hadn't realized that Jill is located in Sarasota which is 2 hours from Naples but don't know if she has a retail shop. I swapped ATC's at Stamp Fest in Clearwater in February with both she and her brother. She is often at shows in Marco Paper's booth. I hope next year we can have other RSC members join us for our workshop. What an exciting, memorable day.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:21 AM

I am working at organizing my studio. Won't be as large or look like Jean's. but it will be more organized. Still can't find work space, haven't been doing much this week except being with family. Sorry didn't' mean mine would be more organized than hers. it means mine will be more organized than it is now. duh sorry for the misunderstanding

Last edited by marianclare; 07-09-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 AM

Good Morning, Marian, My studio isn't always very well organized or terribly clean, believe me. When I get home, I need to take several days to make order out fo chaos and then several more days to finish putting cards together. Another project is to finish mounting my red rubber stamps on E-Z Mount and then putting them on the notebook pages from Sunday International. That's a job for in front of the TV with the help of "cattus felineus". I don't know when I will be heading home yet as I hit a full-grown Iowa buck deer July 4th weekend. My car is at the body shop at the dealership in Dubuque. Hopefully, the claims adjustor finally saw my car yesterday. Never worry about offending me, dear friend.