Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:36 PM
stampin stacy

Default What to do with a huge box of craft sticks

Stamp and make art of course!

I have had this huge box of craft stick in my closet that were left over from a school project my son did several years ago. It was on sale and cheaper than the smaller container, lol. I have been kicking around the idea of stamping on them for some time but just hadn't gotten around to it. Until today that is, and it was so much fun. I took several and taped them together on one side, stamped with permanent ink and then colored in with pencils. By the way the cheap pencils that tend to "bloom" actually worked better. I'm off to see if I can get a decent photo with my ancient digi camera for the gallery but I just had to share the idea in case anyone is looking for something new to try.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:28 PM
stampin stacy

Got a picture posted in the gallery, titled "Wooden Indian", .

http://www.rubberstampchat.net/galle...=944&ppuser=90

This is one I will do again, such fun to do something different.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

I'm glad you put a pic up because I had no idea what craft sticks were. Now I see that they are like popsicle sticks or tongue depressors. I like the idea!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Inky the Muse

Default A challenge, maybe?

How FUN!!!

I too bought the "economy" box of craft sticks years ago for school projects. They now sit in a labeled box at the top of the stack on the top shelf in my closet.

I wonder if the popcycle "tiles" were sealed and cork or felt glued on the back if they'd work as coasters? Maybe the August challenge could be "What can YOU do with craft sticks & rubber stamps?" 'cause I know you & I, Stacy, aren't the only ones in RSC land with a stash of left over craft sticks.

Last edited by Inky Whiskers; 07-14-2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: wrong name used
Old 07-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

I just saw a piece on Fox News where a man has built a ship out of popsicle sticks and is sailing across the ocean to America... how many popsicle sticks did you say you have? LOL
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/

Old 07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
stampin stacy

If a man can make a ship and sail the ocean with them then I guess we could come up with a way to water proof them for coasters, . While I do have a lot I'm pretty sure I don't have enough to build a ship or even a dinghy for that matter lol.

Does anyone remember the M. A. S. H. episode where Hawkeye builds a tower with tongue depressors and then blows it to smithereens at the end when he finds out they are going to use it to promote army recruitment.

I like the challenge idea, the art work we get in the gallery could be very interesting.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:32 PM
stampin stacy

I found a link to the popsicle stick ship story,

http://www.reuters.com/news/video/vi...?videoId=60636
Old 07-16-2007, 03:09 AM

Default With or without?

Ice cream??? I do love any yummy challange. Hmmm, Can we say fudgebars. Does skinny cow do really good fudgebars?? (why doesn't this sentence "look" right?)
Can we vote as to this as a challange?? The mind is doing a slow burn as I rub 2 popsicle sticks together to start the fire of creation. Or is it just jet lag? Ann
Old 07-16-2007, 06:45 AM

Default oh ya

You could certainly use them in a collage or something--but it would take a zillion cards to get rid of your stash! How about doing that for a few though, You can color them with inks, or die them, or distress them, use them to hang a kimino off from on a card, make a fence on a western card, hey this is fun--can't we all come up with a few suggestions--beats the heat! LOL
Old 07-16-2007, 08:18 AM
stampin stacy

Quote:
I do love any yummy challange ..... a slow burn as I rub 2 popsicle sticks together to start the fire of creation. Or is it just jet lag?
Alsmouse your right, you do need a good snooze. Just make sure you don't leave any open ink pads in front of you today. Inky fingers is one thing, inky face would be a little harder to explain .

You could also do four side panels and a bottom for a pencil holder etc. I have seen it done as a decorative planter but I tend to kill plants.

I am going to try this again when I have time but I think I will do vertical instead of horizontal to see how it looks.