Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 PM

Wish I knew about Nancy's stamp - forget the snowman soup and go for the hot cocoa or whatever.

Snowman soup is just hot cocoa mix and a peppermint stirrer. There are different poems you can get online. I decided I didn't want to use Hershey kisses and a little candy cane since I usually can't find the candy canes before the date of the fair plus the poem is so long it takes up the front of the package! This year folks get a choice of hot cocoa with mini marshmallows and a dark chocolate peppermint stir stick or hot dark chocolate cocoa with the stir stick. And, this was a special request from my youngest. Typical of any fair, some years it sells and others it doesn't.

Called Mom today and she very sweetly said I didn't need to make her Xmas cards. I let her know that she and I get the 'leftovers' from the fair to use. I usually only have 15 or so to make for myself after the fair.

I'll post pictures Sunday or Monday next week.

Last edited by piecesandpom; 11-15-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Add sentence
Old 11-15-2010, 04:58 PM

I'm working on "pieces" of cards in between other stuff. This one uses Vintage Christmas Flower Soft and Ruby Red Stickles. I love texture and shine, although neither shows up very well in the scan. Debra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg christmas tree.jpg (43.8 KB, 52 views)
Old 11-15-2010, 05:11 PM

ThANKS FOR THE NICE COMMENTS.

Joannie, love yours, especially the middle one..
stampinNancy, great card, looks yummy.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:02 PM
One Eye Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnelsong View Post
I'm working on "pieces" of cards in between other stuff. This one uses Vintage Christmas Flower Soft and Ruby Red Stickles. I love texture and shine, although neither shows up very well in the scan. Debra
Very Nice! What kind of glue did you use?
Old 11-17-2010, 01:01 PM

Another thing I did recently was make myself a calendar for 2011. My rule was that nothing was off limits or "too nice" to use - no hoarding!! I used a bunch of basic grey papers, prima flowers, buttons, brads, etc and the calendar download from Amuse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calendar-2011-front-796x1024.jpg (39.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg calendar-2011-6-pages-1024x689.jpg (42.8 KB, 49 views)

my blog - a papercrafting journey
Old 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
StamPoor

Wow! So many wonderful cards in so many different styles. It's fun to see what everyone is doing. Thanks for starting this thread, Stacy.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:43 PM

I LOVE THE CALENDER idea..i want one..just no place in this small trailer to put it..its something that will have to wait..so loved your colors..and the flowers really do make a difference...great job
Old 11-18-2010, 08:20 AM

dnelsong, love your tree with the flower soft, I keep forgetting to use mine. Now you have inspired me to pull it out.

StampiNancy,...love your calendars. nice work.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:38 AM
One Eye Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinNancy View Post
I bought a HUGE roll online at a place that sells supplies to bakers - so it is really bakers twine. I thought I kept the site in my favorites, but I just looked and it is not there...anyway...

the roll I bought was over 3000 yards - yes you read that right. So, if you would like some I will gladly send you some - I could wrap up about 20 yards and send it in the mail to you..

Honestly - I will never use this roll up in my lifetime (unless I open a bakery!!) and it really is no bother to send you some. The cost per yard ended up being very very cheap. I've sent a bunch to about 10 people so far and it has not made a dent in the roll!

So - send me a pm or email at nkirk@aol.com with your full name and address and I will be very happy to send you some!
Thanks so much Nancy I got the string! And a beautiful card to boot. Can't wait to use the string in a project.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:38 AM

Here's another I made this week. The stamp is from Auntie Amy's, which was just sold to I Brake For Stamps and colored with copic markers. The sentiment is computer generated and I went over it with a stardust gel pen for a touch of glitter.

Yesterday I taught my first "copics for beginners" class at my LSS!!!! I was afraid no one would sign up but I had six people - which turned out to be a good size - any larger and I don't think I could have handled it! And the store owner wants me to set up a series of monthly copic classes!!! Yay!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAS-Deck-the-halls-1024x1007.jpg (39.6 KB, 41 views)

my blog - a papercrafting journey