Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Fliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
A Fliss story! Its been a while and I always enjoy them so much.

thank you,

Is the house back together from guests staying or did you just chuck it and go straight to the stamp shack....?
So pleased you all enjoyed the 'Story'!

As for the 'House'! I think I need the assistance of Jenna! With an offer of Free Bed & Board, perhaps she would consider coming for 6 months?
1 month would be devoted to the dreadful 'Housework' which would include her organisational skills, followed by 5 months of said skills in my 'Card Shack', but she will have to work 'around' moi! Without interupting my creative journeys! I think the time line I have allowed, would encompas the overspill from my 'Card Shack' to the Landing area, Front bedroom, Back bedroom, Lounge, Kitchen, along with lots of other places not visable to the naked eye!

What do you think my chances are?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 AM
stampin stacy

Jenna jump into the first hidey hole you find, someones trying to get you to do housework

Stampers don't do housework...... , blechh

Jadebuddah, does this make you feel better about wanting to play when you should be doing something else?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:57 AM
fadedpaperrose11

I love the way everyone has used similar ways of storage that are taylored to their needs. You go, girls! I was glad to hear that Inky Whiskers stores her unmounteds the same way I do, with the index. I have only a corner of my family room for my stamping supplies, and quickly learned that UP was the way to go, as several of you have done. Also, there's storage under my desk, which is covered with a curtain on a tension rod - hides the stuff, but allows my feet to go under. I have one exposed side of some metal cabinets, so I glued magnets to the bottoms of various plastic containers (small screw lid jars, bar soap holders, small divided boxes, whatever works), and stuck them to the side of the cabinets. The ephemera is right there, but not taking up precious shelf or drawer space. Handy.
I display some of the rubber stamped cards I have received on old potato chip display holders. I love being able to see them. None of you mentioned storage for cards you've made or received, since we're discussing rubber stamp storage. LOL. How do you address this issue? Do you save them? Are they in drawers, 3 ring binders? Are they handy to grab and browse through and enjoy from time to time? Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the amount of cards I receive because don't know what to do with them. I want to save them all, since they are such lovely works of art, but it's easy to be overrun! Darci
Old 09-18-2008, 03:51 PM
StamPoor

I keep the cards I've received in those photo boxes that I buy on sale at Michaels. The standard size stores well on edge and I use dividers to categorize them by the senders' names or swaps or whatever. Larger cards go flat in a different box. They stack on a bookshelf kind of out of the way but are easy to reach when I want to take a look see.

I also keep color copies of the cards I make in a looseleaf notebook with jotted notes about how they were created so I can see how much I've improved (I hope ), maybe get an idea, or recreate a card that I especially like.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

I also keep my treasured cards in the photo box you spoke of! Yes that does work well. I also have a couple binders of swaps that are in protector shields and grouped together. My atc are also in a binder for baseball card collections. I have a special easel that sits out to showcase rotational favorites.
My ring-0-tags also is out for me to continually drool over all the fun and fuss I had and the delight with the returns!
I find I tend to fan around me things I just plain like to see and have close by. It is sometimes just some old wood mounted stamps I have and love, or a tray, yes a tray of my recent unm's stored in cd cases. I just love to be surrounded with the things I love which includes tools, paper snippets, inks in use, ep's...my desk is large enough to put them around me and leave me space to work the size of a desk blotter...lol No matter how much I clean up I still tend to put around me things I love. I enjoy the clear plastic storrage so I can see what is inside as well...
I really do work in a garage and occasionally there are critters that come in so being able to see the bins clearly is my happiest solution. It is the price you pay for work space and living in the country. I love the space to call my own and do what I must to have it and preserve my sense of well being!
Yep I have to weave my way around but I also have specific plastic storrage drawers for my wood mounts and book shelves, and baker racks and work shop storrage units that would be found in a garage repurposed for ephemera. Nothing unlike the well organized folks except for the fanned clutter that surrounds me. I do have a mug tree that I hang my dec scissors on and containers for paint brushes, blending stubs and hand tools in easy reach. My ribbons are strung on a dowel behind me on a bakers rack so I can easily reach and use as needed.
Spidey
Old 09-19-2008, 03:49 PM
One Eye Wonder

I found some cool clear plastic craft boxes at Michael's on sale. They stack up and fit in my closet (well under the dinning room table most of the time)!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Inky the Muse

That's the way to do it! Find something that will fit what you need to store, where you need to store it, your budget & your style and buy it! Don't forget to label them.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:37 PM

Funny, just about a month ago...someone *freecycled*(a yahoo group where you can list stuff to give away free) 100 empty DVD cases. I now had no excuse to unmount all my SU sets. So for the past several weekends, my microwave has got a lot of use...got all my sets UMed and look at the space it saves...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5824.jpg (95.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM
stampin stacy

Good for you JeanneLee, sure feels good when you accomplish such a huge task and can sit back to admire your hard work.