Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 PM

Wink The times they are a changin'...

While I never had a project in Rubber Stamper [my stamp projects & articles were in StampIt!], I can appreciate how it feels to find that another category-specific periodical [with paid subscriptions] has "gone south".

That said, I would urge all my fellow stampers [especially Rubber Stamper subscribers] to give this change a 'chance'.

Stamper-specific mags are not the only 'niche' ones who are re-tooling. Many 'category craft' pubs are undergoing the same experience.

As a 'stamper', I actually look forward to seeing how this plays out. I was never just a card-stamper, scrapbook-stamper or...? I remain a stamper however the wind shift Industrywise...
Old 10-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

What sucks about it for me is that someone was doing an entire project for the Rubber Stamper using all Beeswax stamps. She just mailed me a color copy of the top of a cigar box she did which is fantastic but it was only one piece of many. I'm not sure what will happen with that now.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Etha

I wonder what will happen with all those cards that I submitted for future issues.....any ideas?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Unfortunately some of my cards are there too and I've been told by Christine Chatten that they were sent with all of the magazine's content and they now have all of the samples. It really stinks they did that since I sent postage money in to get the projects back - I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but they should have asked the artists since it's technically not their property, it was loaned. Oh well, another one bites the dust...
Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayAmy View Post
What sucks about it for me is that someone was doing an entire project for the Rubber Stamper using all Beeswax stamps. She just mailed me a color copy of the top of a cigar box she did which is fantastic but it was only one piece of many. I'm not sure what will happen with that now.
If she hasn't sent it in yet, maybe she can find another stamp mag that is willing to print it if the new owners don't want it. The same goes for all the cards sent to them. Unless they are totally out of their minds, having a wealth of stamped projects to choose from can only be seen as a bonus when they are setting up the new issues. They will establish their own criteria for submissions, but they won't have much to choose from for awhile.

Don't give up hope that the "new & improved" magazine won't be worth reading! The old version wasn't one of my favs, but we won't know one way or the other until the first issue comes out what it will be like. Who knows? Maybe they will publish the best stamp mag seen in a long time because they do incorporate all kinds of crafting that we may or not have considered before. I know when I occassionaly skim thru' non-stamping craft mags I tend to see project that (for me) have great potential for being stamped projects. i.e. Using hand stamped papers instead of printed (scrap) papers & using stamped images instead printed or computer generated ones. The possibilities are as endless as our imaginations!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:51 PM
stampin stacy

Thanks for the optimistic view point Jenna, your right about the wait to see.

I have considered using some of my larger floral stamps to make my own "preprinted" cross stitch or embroidery patterns. Problem is I haven't picked up a needle in several years, I always get distracted by rubber.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Inky the Muse

You're welcome! I find I can get too doom & gloomy if I don't watch myself, so the occassional "snap out of it" is a good thing.

I had a similar idea, only mine is to use stamp images as beading patterns! I too, also have more ideas than time to do them all.

Last edited by Inky Whiskers; 10-02-2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-11-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Rubber Stamper

This has always been my favorite rs magazine, somehow more substantial than the rest. So I am really sorry to see it go, I don't think it will be the same at all incorporated into the other magazine. Thank goodness for VSN and RubberStampMadness.
Margaret J.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 PM
RSMaker

Originally Posted by XrayAmy :

Amy ~
I got a call Tuesday from Tami the managing editor of RS and she told me all projects, layouts and materials up until the MAY issue have been completed and sent on to Amos Publishing. She believes that they will use what they receive rather than them starting from scratch - so there's a good chance your project may still show up! Let's hope so.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcveigh View Post
Amy ~
I got a call Tuesday from Tami the managing editor of RS and she told me all projects, layouts and materials up until the MAY issue have been completed and sent on to Amos Publishing. She believes that they will use what they receive rather than them starting from scratch - so there's a good chance your project may still show up! Let's hope so.
She was still working on the project though. She's is determined to get it published somewhere, somehow no matter what. She seems pretty feisty!