Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:59 AM
RSMaker

Arrow The Rubber Stamper has been sold . . .

Chris has been the editorial assistant for several years, and she's posted this info on her blog.

http://redstamper.blogspot.com/
Old 10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Inky the Muse

Bummer!

I wonder if the new owners will keep the magazine mostly as is, but done by their own staff or if they bought it to kill the compitition?

Life is about change and while it's not always fun, it's usually entertaining.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 AM

Wow, interesting. Thanks for sharing the news.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky Whiskers View Post
Bummer!

I wonder if the new owners will keep the magazine mostly as is, but done by their own staff or if they bought it to kill the compitition?
Well, it doesn't appear that AMOS Craft Publishing has any magazines devoted to rubber stamping (if I'm reading this website correctly), so it could be they wanted to start one, and it was just easier to buy a current one than to start their own. Who knows?

However, with a different editorial staff, the tone of the magazine may change. Whether that's good or bad...? We shall see what we shall see.

Jeff
Old 10-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitchin View Post
However, with a different editorial staff, the tone of the magazine may change. Whether that's good or bad...? We shall see what we shall see.

Jeff
I've never been very good at keeping my mouth shut....but I'm gonna for now. Except I will tell you that I would get a marketing call from their sales person ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK asking me to advertise with them . This lasted for at least three months. Good thing I never answer our phone. Unfreakinbelievable.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:34 AM
RSMaker

Well, I just got a letter from the Editor announcing the change.

It is NOT going to be a dedicated stamping publication. They are going to "incorporate" rubber stamping into their existing publication, bumping up the number of pages from 84 to 132, alleging a 100,000 circulation.

Here's the current magazine: http://www.craftsnthings.com/SeeInside.aspx

This is not my cup of tea.... that's for sure.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcveigh View Post
This is not my cup of tea.... that's for sure.
Me, either. So I guess the next issue's the last one? At least, I hope they give the magazine one last issue to tell folks what's going on.

I was never one to play favorites with stamping magazines. I had no loyalty to one title or another. As long as they had articles and ads that I found useful and interesting, I bought them. I enjoyed having multiple magazines to pick from, too. Alas, we are losing one.

Amy, I can understand that frustration. Man, how annoying to get repeated solicitation calls like that. I, too, am glad you don't answer the phone.

Jeff
Old 10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitchin View Post
I was never one to play favorites with stamping magazines. I had no loyalty to one title or another. As long as they had articles and ads that I found useful and interesting, I bought them. I enjoyed having multiple magazines to pick from, too. Alas, we are losing one.
I rarely buy Crafts & Things as the projects are usually too simple and craft oriented & no where near artsy enough to float my rubber boat. Even if they do more stamping, if the type of projects they offer doesn't change for the better, I still won't be buying it. I know it's a good thing to have different project styles & skill levels available monthly to suit a wide variety of tastes, but quick & cute or "do it in less than 5 minutes" projects in magazines rarely do anything for me as I can come up with my own easy project ideas. I need inspiration from stampers who are more experienced & adventuresome than I am to encourage my growth as a rubber stamp artist.

Stamp & Scrap Arts usually offers me something new each issue, even if most of the projects are not that complicated and to really get the ink flowing thru' my veins, Rubber Stamp Madness is always inspiring. Granted, some of RSMs featured work is not something I want to do for myself, but at least what they offer gets me thinking rather than putting my Muse to sleep.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Bummer... Maybe it was a good thing I picked up some back issues recently.
Spideyciny
Old 10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
stampin stacy

I can't believe we are losing another stamping magazine. I am not a crafter, I am not a scrapper, I am a rubber stamper and want publications dedicated to stamping. . It is an even bigger insult than the usual move to lump stamping in with scrapbooking.

While RSM is my first preference as a stamping mag and the one I subscribe to, it's nice to have some alternative choices out there when I'm in the mood for something different. Besides, competition is good for the consumer, it keeps companies from getting stale. ensuring a better publication in the long run. If I had a subscription to Rubber Stamper I would be very upset about now.

Thank goodness for the Internet and Rubber Stamp Chat, we can still come here to inspire and be inspired by each other.