Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:16 PM
StamPoor

When I first started stamping over 13 years ago, someone advised me to start logging my images and information right from the start to avoid buying duplicates. I took that advice and have been very faithful about not using any new stamp until it has been logged; that kind of gives me the push I need to get the logging part done so I can play with the images. As for prices, record what a replacement item would cost, not what you actually paid for it. You can probably "guesstimate" if you don't know. Being the (gasp!) organized type, I actually double log my images in hard copies: one by company and one by category. I create a page for each company and stamp any of their images on that page, adding additional pages for companies from whom I have a ton of stamps. Under each image, I quickly jot the date, place and price. In the category log (animals, flowers, people, etc), I only put the name of the company under the image, nothing more. Sometimes it suits me better to search by company and other times by category. It's a little more work to keep up both methods but for me it's worth it. I do not keep any images digitally, but if that works better for you, use that. I just like taking out my hard copy notebooks and browsing through them. And I'll keep those up; I probably wouldn't do that with the digital type. Whatever you decide, good luck.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Bravo I love what you did....Now I would be spying all available wallspace!...lol
Now do you have any great ideas for ribbon? On the cheap? lol
Spideycindy
Old 07-07-2009, 07:36 PM

It is a way cool assembly Debra! and that it hangs from Comand hooks is wonderfull. and it's nice pretty too.

You've given me the idea to make a similar hanging ladder of shallow boxes to keep my re-inkers together.

Last edited by j3annin3; 07-07-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideycindy View Post
Bravo I love what you did....Now I would be spying all available wallspace!...lol
Now do you have any great ideas for ribbon? On the cheap? lol
Spideycindy
Lemme cogitate for a few days.

At this moment, I've got an image in my mind of sturdy small cardboard boxes adhesed (the type of Liquid Nails I used was silicone glue) to a piece of foam core (hanging it on the wall in the same way I did) that you could stand the spools in side by side, several to a box. Maybe arranging them by color, material, etc. The trick is finding a suitable supply of lightweight boxes. Maybe paper mache boxes from Michaels or Hobby Lobby would be suitable and not too expensive?

PM me if you want to brainstorm.

Debra
Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 AM
marstamper

Love it! You did great! When are you making me the wall-to-wall storage for some of my stamps??? Hahahaha
Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 PM
stmpstone

ribbon storage

Personally, I have some collector's cabinet and one section has two of their ribbon holders and it feeds out through slits and works really well.

After I got that all set up, I saw somebody took a piece of rain gutter and put it over a door frame. The ribbons sit in the gutter with a piece hanging over the edge. You can just pull off what you need and cut. I thought this was a great idea and it's on an area of the wall that probably isn't covered with some other craft idea.

On the back of one of my doors I have a pocket hanger for shoes. In these pockets I have skeins of fibers and some yarns I use on cards.

Some of my large rolls of grosgrain ribbons I have in a crate that holds about 12 rolls but don't quote me. I have two of these.

I appreciate the way that everybody shares their ideas on the group. We all have them, some work and some don't. Take what you want and leave the rest. : )
hugs, Claudia
Old 07-08-2009, 01:08 PM

Dear Claudia Stmpstone: Excellent ideas, all! I like the sharing part, too .

Debra
Old 07-10-2009, 09:02 AM

Default Kudos

Way to go, Debra! What a terrific way to use what would otherwise be essentially wasted space. You did a great job creating the shelves/ledges to hold some of your stuff. Find somebody to give you a hug.

Renee
Old 07-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Very cool!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:18 PM

Great job on the storage project & all the other ideas! I love using stamps as a "decorator touch". Love any type of organizational projects like this especially since I live in such a small place!

A thought on the cheap boxes...go to a cigar store & ask if they have any cigar boxes they want to get rid of. You won't believe the shapes & sizes I get for FREE (my best kind of project!) from several local stores.

Lee