Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Inky the Muse

I'm with you, Stacy! My Mom loves Stamper's Sampler & Take Ten (I renew her yearly for both), but I can go thru' one of those in under an hour & I'm still hungry for more. They just aren't quite enough for advanced stampers who want more than somebody else's idea to copy. I'm not saying that they aren't good for those that get inspiration from looking at cards made by others & they do occasionally offer a good template or other idea, but I crave techniques at an art level, not just for practical projects like cards, scrapbooking & gifts. RSM delivers what my muse demands.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

To me, Stamper's Sampler is like Paint By Numbers... just my humble opinion. The fun to me of stamping is the creative part of figuring out what stamps to use and colors, etc.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/

Old 02-14-2009, 08:48 PM
teena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampo View Post
To me, Stamper's Sampler is like Paint By Numbers... just my humble opinion. The fun to me of stamping is the creative part of figuring out what stamps to use and colors, etc.
Spewing diet pepsi!

That was funny, but it is a needed publication as everybody has to start somewhere.

I am more of a paper crafter, so I love just about every stamping/papercrafting mag out there.

I get so frustrated when we get a wonderful magazine going and the publishers or owners decide it is time for it to cease...grrrrr.

If it is any help at all, my LSS has a HUGE yardsale every 6 months or so, and I can usually pick up back issues of certain magazines for dirt cheap! I have a stack of the Stampington publications that I bought for a quarter a piece. Of course they are older back issues, but they are new to ME...

In fact, they are in a box in my trunk...been there since Nov. I think...forgot they were there till now. I gotta get them out tomorrow and look at them! YAY me...a relaxing afternoon!!!

Take care all...sorry for the ramble...lol.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:15 AM
S.W

Stampington mags are all I've come across at my local bookstore. I've never heard of these other mags, but I'll be looking into them. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Voracious Reader

I've been subscribing to RubberStampMadness since it was in the big newspaper format. I always find something interesting in there.

Years ago I subscribed to National Stampagraphic and even had a couple of my offerings published in there. It was only a black and white publication, but I learned a lot about what stamps were available and some basic card-making techniques. Unfortunately, it was basically a one-person show, and they folded when she got sick.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Actually, it was more than a one-person show... Melody and Andy are sisters who ran it and Melody's husband Franklinstein was also involved... their mother was sort of the financial part of Taylor'd Graphics. Melody and Franklin lived on Long Island and Andy lived on the west coast... they all came together in Las Vegas and started Arts Vegas which sold art supplies as well as their line of stamps StampBerry Farms (now a part of Viva Las Vegastamps!) Unfortunately, the store didn't succeed and National Stampagraphic went down the tubes as well... they're good people.

Last edited by Stampo; 03-01-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Inky the Muse

Do you know EVERYBODY in the stamp world, Stampo?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky Whiskers View Post
Do you know EVERYBODY in the stamp world, Stampo?
EVERYBODY who counts, Jenna... LOL

Old 03-01-2009, 03:10 PM

Default Rubberstamp Madness

I also recently subscribed to Rubberstamp Madness because I feel they are keeping the focus on Rubber Stamping and not getting carried away from that focus like Somerset Studio. I have felt that many of the layouts in Somerset Studio have become an advertisement for their next (and seemingly endless) new magazines. My favorite one, "Inspirations" was cancelled and reduced to a few pages in their other magazine.

Seaslay
Old 03-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Voracious Reader

Ah, thanks for that information, Stampo. I didn't realize they also originated the Stampberry Farm line. The letter sent to subscribers at the time mentioned having to stop publication because of illness.