Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:21 AM
stampin stacy

Default 50 cd cases for $10

My son and DH got me a case of 50 CD cases for $9.99 at a place called Ink Stop for christmas. If you have one in your area you might want to keep an eye on their ads. What a deal!

I know how much & where because Santa's helper (me ) said, " go get mom one of those!"
Old 01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
polevaulter

Do they have an online shop?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:49 AM
stampin stacy

I checked and they do have a website but the online shopping area says, "coming soon" so I would keep checking back.

here is a link to the site: http://www.inkstop.net/
Old 01-09-2009, 07:08 AM
fadedpaperrose11

Okay, Stacy, please tell me exactly how you use the CD cases and how you organize them? I've looked at them for storing unmounteds, and just couldn't understand. Obviously, you couldn't fit very large stamps in them. I know I'm mentally challenged , but I have to have things explained VERY well, because I'm a hands on person and don't understand until I can actually see and touch. The older I get, the worse it gets!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
StamPoor

I use CD cases for my unmounteds, too. I organize mine by category (flowers, animals, Christmas... whatever). First, I remove the inside plastic piece where the CD usually fits, and then I put as many stamps in a category as will fit in each case. Some of my cases are only partly filled because I don't have that many in a category, and for other categories, I have multiple cases. I don't think I have any stamps that are too large for the case although maybe I can only fit in one large stamp and a couple of small ones. I used to make an index for each case by stamping the images on a square sheet of paper and keeping it in the case (like a record label), but I found I can pretty much tell what the stamp is by looking directly at it, so I don't bother anymore. And it's pretty easy to tell what the clear ones are; if you can't read clear word stamps, turn the case over and the words appear correctly through the back cover. I started out storing the cases in a rack and put a strip of correction tape with the category on that narrow edge just like they do with music CDs so that I could quickly locate what I wanted. However, I found that I wasn't remembering to check my cases, so now I store my CD boxes with my mounted stamps from the same category. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:05 AM
fadedpaperrose11

Thanks, that helps me have a lot better idea! I had a friend tell me they had large CD cases, larger than the usual ones. Do you use the small ones or large CD cases?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:54 PM
stampin stacy

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, today was convention day so needless to say, I just got home.

Like has already been said CD cases can be used to store unmounted stamps in. The EZ mount will stick to the inside of the case just like it does the acrylic mount. It can be done by category or by company, just be sure if you store them by category that you have a separate record of what stamp belongs to which company for credit purposes later.

The cases I got are the regular width ones, which are getting harder and harder to find. The slim size may work if you don't have your stamps on mounting foam but with, the stamps are too thick. I then took my CD cases and put them in shoe boxes or shoe box size trays, you can then flip through the cases until you find what you want. Some stamps are too tall for Cd's and have to be stored in something else, that for my part is an on going quest...

does this help?
Old 01-10-2009, 05:50 PM
StamPoor

And like Stacy, I also use what I would call the "thicker" CD cases, not the slim or jewel cases. I also have trouble finding them, so when I do, I buy a bunch. So far, I've been lucky with Staples Office Supplies, but I don't know how much longer that will be true.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:40 PM

Flourishes has some cases that would fit the taller stamps, Stacy. I bought a few and now wish I had bought more! They are more like the thicker CD cases but not as wide. So far I don't have enough to stick in a shoe box, etc., for storage but I was pleased at how many mounted cling stamps I got in each case. They definitely take up less room than the storage from the various companies.

Still a problem with some of the larger background kind of stamps. . .I hear you all on that one.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:54 PM
fadedpaperrose11

So did you have fun at the convention, Stacy??? What did you do? buy? Who did you see? Lucky you!