Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Inky the Muse

I do recall a thread that mentioned using a wood burning tool to cut the EZ foam. Not the rubber, that will still need to be trimmed with scissors. (I've heard that a jigsaw works well for those who have trouble with scissors.) Also cornstarch baby powder sprinkled over the sticky parts will cut down on the adhesive goober factor.

P.S. Alas, the wood burning tool does not work for trimming HALOS loop tape. Thank goodness for the Fiskar's Titanium Blade spring handled scissors!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:17 AM
stampin stacy

Good scissors and trimming a little at a time and then taking a break will get your unmounteds trimmed. I have repetitive motion issues too but still manage to trim unmounteds all the time. You can do this, just not all in one sitting. With or without repetitive motion issues, it would make you crazy to do too much at one time.

Maybe trim a few, put on EZ Thin, wood burn those, drink a glass of tea or something and then catalogue the ones you just put on the EZ Thin. By the time you have done all that, your wrist/elbow will hopefully be rested and you can to complete the "round" again.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Inky the Muse

Stacy is right! If you break that pile down into managable amounts, you won't feel as overwhelmed by the over all volume & spare you'll spare your hands & wrists strain from doing too much in one sitting. If I've been to a convention recently I keep the stamps I've bought grouped by vendor so I can make note of who I bought from when I add those images to my index binders. If I have a bunch from the same vendor, i.e. grab bags, (It's all Stampo's fault! ) I'll sort them by binder 1st (I have 3 binders holding images of all my stamps.), then by what catagory in that binder. I'll put each pile in it's own zip bag & work thru' them one bag at a time.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!

Last edited by Inky Whiskers; 03-16-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Ditto on what Stacy and Inky said. Take your time...it's not a race. The race is buying them.

The way I got started was I bought a few sheets of EZ Mount and started unmounting what I thought would fit on all the sheets I had. Trimmed the rubber down really close...I like it close. Then put them on EZ Mount.

I normally wait about 24 hours before trimming the EZ Mount. If I don't wait, sometimes the stamps tend to slip a bit. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue or not.

Anyway, I lay my EZ Mount FLAT during this 24 hour period...otherwise I've had stamps slip and curl.

Then just start trimming them down. Usually I'll only trim down one sheet in a sitting unless I'm really eager to use the stamps.

Have fun!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:53 PM

Thanks for the tips ladies, especially the trim a few have some tea idea. Now for my confession, I counted my stamps the other day and I have (Gasp) over 2500. Again, how did that happen? It wasn't me I tell ya.

Anyway most of them are trimmed just not ezmounted so I guess I shouldn't feel that intimidated. But I am just gonna take a few bites out of that elephant everyday and one day I'll be done.

Giggle, heres my other confession, I'm going to 2 upcoming Hierloom conventions . Allentown Pa and Springfield MA. I go to those two every year. I am making a promise to myself to trim and mount whatever I get as soon as I get home even if I'm not finished with the old stuff.

Is it wierd that when I think of spring I think of rubber instead of flowers?
Consider the fact that I'm a gardener by trade....

Again, thanks for the ideas
Deb
Old 03-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Stamp Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairdragon View Post
Now for my confession, I counted my stamps the other day and I have (Gasp) over 2500. Again, how did that happen? It wasn't me I tell ya.

They breed in their drawers, binders and bags! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Inky the Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresagram View Post
They breed in their drawers, binders and bags! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I second that theory! I think stamp conventions work as an aphrodisiac for rubber. Why else would there be so many new stamps in my room the week after I go to a show?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky Whiskers View Post
I second that theory! I think stamp conventions work as an aphrodisiac for rubber. Why else would there be so many new stamps in my room the week after I go to a show?
Because they see my rubber after a show & get to 'rubbering'. Remember last year? I think your little ones were excited seeing all my new rubber & got inspired. LOL ~C8>
Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Inky the Muse

One stamp even tried to impersonate polymer!