Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:58 PM
RSMaker

One of the unusual tools I have used to stamp with is rubber drawer liners..... some have a bubble pattern that makes interesting dot patterns. I used Champagne acrylic paint and a cosmetic sponge to pounce the paint onto the surface. Very interesting backgrounds were created using this material.

~clm
Old 06-26-2011, 07:55 PM

Probably most unusual was a Fresca can. I punched flower shapes from alum Fresca can, layered them, added jewel for center and ended with a "mod" looking embellishment. Fun, and I got to feel virtuous for recycling (even before I put the can in the recycling bin!). Debra
Old 06-26-2011, 08:56 PM
stampin stacy

Here is my "newest stamps" sorry the example pic is not any better but I have not had time to take another pic. they are actually made of rubber and cheap, I got them at Walmart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gripper pads.JPG (25.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 06-26-2011, 09:03 PM

These are such great ideas and inspiration. Thanks, Cheryl, Debra and Stacy for sharing your comments.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Been real & been fun

I've never done this, but I understand that you can carve a pencil eraser to make a stamp.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAfricanQueen View Post
I've never done this, but I understand that you can carve a pencil eraser to make a stamp.
I did that with a dozen pencils & keep them at work for quickie cards. If you do keep your pencils at a place others might use them, hide them, otherwise you'll have to re-carve the erasers.
~C8>
Old 06-27-2011, 05:30 AM
Inky the Muse

I use an old metal tined hair pick (Can you say 80's apple pectin perm? )to pull the ink when I do shaving cream backgrounds. I get some really nifty scallops & feathers, depending on how I use it.

I've also used the ball ends of a dry embossing stylus to make polka dots with acrylic paint.

When DH & I were stamping big purple paw prints up the walls & across the ceiling of my crapht room, I used the craft foam handle that came with some cheap kids stamp to re-do some of the toes. It just happened to be the same size as the craft foam toes I had die cut to make my custom stamp.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 AM

I recently found Friendly Plastic on the clearance wall at Hobby Lobby, so I bought several strips. Anyway, you can cut pieces of different colors, put them together, heat them, then pull that metal tined hair pick through the heated Friendly Plastic to get a really neat marbled effect. Reheat and stamp into the Friendly Plastic, then put the entire works into the refrigerator to cool. I don't have the hair pick so I didn't add this variation to the Tutorial.

BTW, if anyone wants some Friendly Plastic strips, let me know asap and I'll see if there are any left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky Whiskers View Post
I use an old metal tined hair pick (Can you say 80's apple pectin perm? )to pull the ink when I do shaving cream backgrounds. I get some really nifty scallops & feathers, depending on how I use it.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

I have used strips of rubber cuttings from um stamp plates and with double sided tape on acrylic block have stamped wavy lines of solid stamp rubber for various projects. Simply cannot throw away great rubber!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:36 PM
wolfeyesone

lol Spidey, I do that too!!... while I'm cutting out the images between the UM sheets I love to see how much extra there will be, I get excited to see what shapes I can make...