Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:24 PM

Someone in a chatroom like this once suggested putting small items like punches, ephemera, small scraps into marked envies. These got lined up in a kleenex box after enlarging the top hole somewhat.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 AM

I didn't upload a lot of art studio pics because I do a lot of other things besides rubber stamping. Half my room is collage and ephemera. That is probably one of my biggest loves.

My paper ephemera is sorted in categories. I have a large decorative box that I keep open. I just reach in that box to grab out what I am working with. It's quick and easy.

Ephemera that is not paper is sorted in a variety of boxes. Each theme is grouped together and placed on three large bookshelves that take up half my room. I can just grab each box and take out the item I need. It's very systematic but still beautiful.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:11 AM

I bet even the storage boxes are beautiful.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:18 AM

I spent most of yesterday afternoon helping eldest sort and place her kindergarten art/craft supplies in various sizes of clear bins. You can see the materials and not have to label everything. Loved filling up the feather bin - lots already sorted by color and a big bag of natural feathers! Science bins by theme, puzzles in a big bin and she is still waiting on the order for the round bins for beads, buttons, etc. She was counting the types and sizes of bins that were still needed or that she had room for as we left last night.

She can see what she has and what she may need to restock. We did uncover gaps in her construction paper collection; no orange and fall is coming?

She's getting to crunch time - the student orientation is next Wednesday and she has her orientation and two prof development days taking up time before that day!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 AM

Busy lady. Kindergarten can take a lot out of her pocket for supplies. Does she have a source for recycled items like egg cartons, wallpaper, styrofoam?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:43 AM
stampin stacy

I have sorted all my pre-cut shapes, both purchased and those I cut myself and then placed each category into plastic baggies. I did the same with other misc small emphera as well. Everything was then lined up in a pretty yellow basket that sits on a shelf close by. I just grab the basket off the shelf and dig for what I want. I like having it all together because I often find others things that would work on a card too.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:24 AM

I like the baggies idea better than the paper envies I have been using. You can see shat is in them far better.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:31 AM
stampin stacy

My room is literally a mess that I can't even walk into right now.

I took everything off one of my shelves and just threw it on the floor because we were packing my son up to go back to college and taking that shelf with.

Oh my, what a mess!! Who has the bull dozer, I'm gonna need it!!

To complicate things, the A/C quit working last weekend, so we were packing in a VERY hot house. Thank goodness the parts came in they fixed it yesterday. Now I just need time to clean my house and put it back in order, including my stamp room. Of course I'm only going to be here part of the week before I go back out of town with sis for the family reunion in Mo. Sorry DH, just close the doors to the bedrooms and don't look. I'll get to them when I return.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:58 AM

I hate to leave with things in the middle like that but at times it just can't be helped. Let us know when you get caught up again.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 AM

Fab, her out of pocket is at least the equivalent of a grad school course at this point. . .glad she's decided to wait until the spring to start her classes! The school may or may not reimburse her as they did pay a lot to get her the sand and water table.

I've found that little plastic baggies are a life saver because you can see what is in them. I transferred all my eyelets, brads into little jewelry bags found at Walmart by color and it makes it so much quicker to find the embellishment or decide if I have to restock.

Pieces is on top of the science table today! Guess it's going into the van for transport sooner than we thought. . .