Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 AM

I usually use the slip the library gives me to remind me of when the books need to be returned. I made lots of bookmarks when my niece owned a used bookstore for her to sell.

I did find blanks in my stash; I'm going to gift them to my daughter's kindergarten class. I think they'll make a great activity and help her teach them how to take care of books.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 AM

Great idea Pom, it is never too early for book related activities to teach the love of reading.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Voracious Reader

I have bought birthday and friendship cards with perforated bookmarks that can be torn out of the back of the card. I'm thinking that might make a neat project for the readers in my life. Does anyone know where I can get a tool that will make perforations?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Yes, there are blades available for many of the rotary trimmers. These are interchangeable. I have seen them on some rotary paper cutters and on some of the hand held rotary tools. If you use a hand held tool, I recommend a metal edge ruler to keep things straight.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel View Post
I have bought birthday and friendship cards with perforated bookmarks that can be torn out of the back of the card. I'm thinking that might make a neat project for the readers in my life. Does anyone know where I can get a tool that will make perforations?
Yes, I do know where to get one. I was holding my perforator in my hand tonight. Tonic Mini Rotary Perforator- http://www.amazon.com/Tonic-Studios-...nic+perforator

It is an amazing little tool. I do use a straight edge ruler with it like Fab just mentioned.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:13 AM
stampin stacy

You can also use a tracing tool from a sewing department. I have both and they work equally well, the only difference is the one meant for sewing makes larger holes.

Lol I have 2 metal rulers, 12 inch and 18 inch. I have used the 12 inch so much over the years that all most all of the numbers have rubbed off but it still makes a great straight edge when tracing or cutting.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 AM

My favorite is a clear ruler with lovely 1/8 inch grid and a metal band for the working edge. I have had it a very long time.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Been real & been fun

I've put masking tape on the underside of my ruler to keep it from slipping. You might also be able to use your sewing machine (pending you have one) and use a very tight threadless stitch. I would also score it so whomever tears it would get a straight tear.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:04 PM

The masking tape would hide the grid. Perhaps using it selectively would work. I can see this would be helpful on a solid metal ruler.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Voracious Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Yes, I do know where to get one. I was holding my perforator in my hand tonight. Tonic Mini Rotary Perforator- http://www.amazon.com/Tonic-Studios-...nic+perforator

It is an amazing little tool. I do use a straight edge ruler with it like Fab just mentioned.
Thanks for the link, DeeAnn. That's just what I was looking for, and I have a sturdy metal ruler that should work well with it.