Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:00 PM

I use my ATG. It's easy on my hand and arm, never gets lost under paper and since I scrapbook too, I need acid-free adhesive.

My Blog: Made By Nicole
Old 03-02-2009, 06:02 PM

Xyron. Xyron. Xyron. I'm lost without my Xyron. I hate glue sticks. I always mess up the glues. Always. I use the good double stick tapes when I'm it's just a little piece. (I had two use the the double stick tape for my February cards--because I broke my sticker making, you guessed it, Xyron.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Miracle Tape!
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/

Old 03-02-2009, 10:33 PM

Since I do cardmaking for my work team I use glue stix. I have found through trial & error that there are 2 varieties of Elmers. One is a purple 'school' glue that dries clear but also dries out in the tube too fast & doesn't stay glued on projects. They also have a plain white package glue stick that is super sticky & dries well. It also holds on the heavier cardstocks & even corragated cardboard if you do the double gluing technique. I try to buy the white sticks since they are better but if someone 'donates' the purple ones to the team card making supplies I hand it off to one of the other card making staff. (Yes, I'm like that for my own work. The others are doing it to say they make cards but I want my cards to be keepers. I have seen cards I made over 4 years ago, still on coworkers desks.) HTH ~C8>
Old 03-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Queenie

Wink Card Assembly

I have used 3M double sided tape for years and have had no problem using with heavy card stock.

Queenie
Old 03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
fadedpaperrose11

I have a couple of little Xyron sticker makers I got at yard sales for next to nothing. Made stickers for my daughter's wedding, but have never used them for attaching things to cards. Duh. The little one works better than the bigger one, for some reason. Maybe it's just the refill. I found that the refills are really pricey. Do you have a good source for refills, Joan? You probably don't use them up all in one fell swoop like I did.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM

Hi Darci,

I use the 5" "create a sticker" all of the time (but I just got the 9" xyron, too). It is just the right size for extras on most standard card fronts (A2 envelope size). I just run that extra front on my xyron--and plop it on. I live near both a Michael's and a JoAnn's so I use the 40% coupons.

The cartridges last me usually about 3-6 months. Maybe I should make more cards.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:00 AM

I mainly use Zip Dry paper glue and Scotch double sided tape. The Zip Dry is fantastic, won't warp your paper and gives you a couple seconds of wiggle time. Then it dries quickly! Any overage peels right off once dry.

Cathy
Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
fadedpaperrose11

Good idea, Joan. Where do you get the 40% coupons? From the store? We don't have a Michael's or JoAnn's here, but sounds like I need to stop in there when we're out of town, just in case! I have the two and a half inch and the five inch sticker makers.

I've had to order the refills on line and shipping just adds to the cost. Altho' when our only craft store went out of business, I discovered they had them, so a got one there for a discount before they closed. But they are GONE now.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:01 PM

If you belong to JoAnn's email group, they email coupons. What a deal. But our local Sunday paper has coupons for JoAnn's and Michaels just about every week.