Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 PM

Hey, most of us don't know when we are leaving so live ecah day and enjoy!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 PM
StampingAndrea

So I am sitting in my little stamp area. Looking at all the unmounted stamped I have in boxes and bags... everywhere... and then I have an idea.

I kinda hate the idea of putting mounting foam on every single stamp, and with they way they are now and how many I have accumilated I hate to put anything sticky on the back of them... so then I decide instead of mounting my stamps I will cling mount my block..

YAYYYYYY Success. I took some foam cushion with cling and stuck the sticky side to my block instead of the stamp... Now I can just pull out the stamp I want and cling it to the block.. if it doesn't seem to stick then I got the cling a little damp and waaa-laaaa

I am so excited by this because I had stamps I had not been using yet because I didn't want to take the time to mount them.. So just playing around this worked great.. we will see a little down the road if I am still as ecstatic.. But wanted to share...
Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Been real & been fun

Making headway is the key toward success.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:35 AM
stampin stacy

Congrats on coming up with an idea that works for you!!

I've put double sided tape on a block to use a stamp that I haven't applied T&O on yet. I've heard of people that use this as their all the time mounting method. So many ways to "temporarily mount" just a matter of finding what works for you.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:20 AM

I also use the doublesided sticky tape method. I find it works best to use a newsprint pad under your cardstck to get a good impression with this method.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:00 PM
StampingAndrea

So I have a question about the tack n peel. Does it leave a sticky residue on the stamps? I hate stickiness..
Old 08-02-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampingAndrea View Post
So I have a question about the tack n peel. Does it leave a sticky residue on the stamps? I hate stickiness..
I like the T&P sheet, it doesn't leave your stamps sticky. I have one acrylic block that I leave the T&P sheet on all the time & have taken acrylic sheet & cut it a bit bigger to cover the T&P sheet. It is easy to remove & then replace it. I tried the T&P sheet as a place, remove, repeat & thought it lost its tacky quickly due to handling. It is easy to fix the tacky, use baby shampoo & gently rub with water & the shampoo. It will remove the body oils, the lint & dust, just rinse well & air dry. Replace the acrylic sheet when dry. After much use you may need to get a new one only because the ink will stain it to the point of hard to see through. HTH
~C8>
Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 PM

I love the idea of the acrylic sheet to protect it between uses. It also keeps all the lint and dust in the house from catching there.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:04 PM
StampingAndrea

Sounds good... I may try this...
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 PM
sweetpea

Default Acrylic sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab View Post
I love the idea of the acrylic sheet to protect it between uses. It also keeps all the lint and dust in the house from catching there.
Me too, Fab.

I'll adopt this method.

TFS. x