Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Well personally I have nothing against fat friendless unmounted stamp persons. I think we must have way too much time on our hands or maybe unwarranted criticisms brings out our witticisms.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaslay View Post
As consumers of rubber stamps it have finally reached a point where someone has to speak up. We all tend to buy more stamps then we need or can afford but isn't there some responsibility of the companies we buy from to have a heart and some ecological consciousness?

With this in mind I have written down some thoughts on the subject and invite comment and new input, such as the companies you think should be on the "A" list.

I think we should craft a declaration of an "A" list of rubber stamp companies that deserve our first consideration in buying their stamps:

The "A" List: is based on:

1. A "choice" of unmounted, cling mounted and wood for the Stamps we want like the company
Impressionm Obsession.
2. Beeswax and StampFrancisco are on the "A" list because they are unmounted and of course have great images.

The "B" list would consist of companies like::
Hero Arts because although they are up and coming with their new cling stamps they reserve some of their nicest stamps such as "silhouette ivy" and "three ferns " for wood only. Kind of weird.

"C" list are companies that are only wood and won't bend on the subject.

It is like the Circle of Trust. The companies that care about our money situation, the excess in mailing charges that are incurred as well by shipping wood stamps are outside our "Circle of Must" as in must have.
Would digital stamp companies make the "A+++" list because they use no rubber, wood or polymer?

my blog - a papercrafting journey
Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 AM

I buy whatever stamp I really like, whether its mounted/unmounted/cling..whatever, If I like it ...I buy it.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 AM
stampin stacy

All the companies who hang out with us here at RSC are A+++++++, IMHO! We are grateful for the variety you all give us to choose from, it is after all the spice of life.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:19 PM

Default Digital rubber stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinNancy View Post
Would digital stamp companies make the "A+++" list because they use no rubber, wood or polymer?
That is an interesting concept. I recently went to Two Peas in a Bucket and purchased some Hero Arts digital stamps. My experience was it is really computer art not rubber stamp art. Not making a judgement just an observation that for me it wasn't as satisfying as using and handling the rubber stamp itself.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:21 PM

Too right Stampin Stacey. I have found many a stamp company from this forum that have become favorites. It is a wonderful resource.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

I don't see that digital stamps are any more than clip art either and don't see the relevance to stamping... we do offer all our images Mounted, Cushioned on Static Cling or Unmounted FYI.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/

Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Starving Artistamps

I doubt I will make any headway on Stampotique. They seem pretty adamant about doing their stamps in mounted only. When I asked them for reseller information they specifically mentioned they only sell mounted and that so many people ask for unmounteds she wanted to tell me right off the bat that they were only available in mounted. I didn't even ask about unmounted since I knew what they were before I asked.

If it was up to me I would prefer to sell them UM or cling mounted. But it would not deter me from buying them if I liked them. There are thousands of companies out there and the majority of them do sell UM or CM so I think it wouldn't be hard to find other companies to spend your money with :O)

I know you don't personally like wood mounted stamps (and I won't deny I cringe when I hear people unmount their wood mounted stamps) but it is nice to see some stamp companies are holding with the tradition. It is rare to find new start up companies who are wood only. It seems the trend has really shifted to cling mounted or clear stamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaslay View Post
Absolutely, you make the "A" List. And the you are the first Stamp Company to answer my plea. Stampotique did inspire some of my feelings about this unmounted vs. mounted. My sister has the stamps Prom Queen, Gooseneck, Glimmering Hope and Queen of Life. Several of those are ones I like including Supergirl. Let me know if you ever get them to go with cling or unmounted choice. Love them both. I am very open to where we should put our lists. Any suggestions?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Starving Artistamps

Default Digi-stamps

Stampo,

As a business owner... I don't think I would ever sell digital stamps. There is too much opportunity for having images go viral. There is no way to protect your copyright and sharing the files among stamp groups and swappers is rampant. I think if you are a company who sells digital art you have to expect that you will lose many more sales than you will gain.

But as a stamper... I confess I do own a few digi stamps, mostly freebies, but I have 2 digi-stamps that I purchased from Mo Manning. I made the decision to buy the digital versions after I had already purchased the clear stamp version. I was expecting the stamps to be a much larger size (especially given the price) and I was so disappointed when I opened my package. I was glad to be able to buy the digital versions and be able to size them any size I want.

I will also say that since I have a business, I have laser printers and a copy machine. I can get waterproof, high quality images and I can run specialty cardstock and paper thru my copier.

People get so hung up on the name of calling them digital stamps but that is what they are named and the name has stuck. I think the original reason they coined that phrase is because there is a "stamp" option on programs like photoshop. I think another reason is to market them to a new audience...the paper crafter. Clip art to me evokes out dated "dover" stock art and gigantic software bundles. I think the digi-stamp peddlers are trying to come off as something new and exciting.

As an artist I can appreciate the pros of digi stamps. I have said it before I have never met a stamp I didn't like. If I like an image I will buy it no matter if it is clear, digital, cling mounted, wood mounted or unmounted. I love to stamp and create and I love all the tools I can use to do so )

Last edited by strvingartistmp; 08-03-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
alma

Quote:
Originally Posted by strvingartistmp View Post
Stampo,

If I like an image I will buy it no matter if it is clear, digital, cling mounted, wood mounted or unmounted. I love to stamp and create and I love all the tools I can use to do so )
You are a woman after my own heart, Tracey B.