Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:04 PM

You make some good points and yes, I have been writing to all the companies I love, to see if they could make these options of unmounted and unmounted cling available. Why should one not be allowed to ask for what they want? Some of you suggest I am jealous, mean, and have no friends. How sad. This is how wars get started.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:17 PM

To those who have given angry, bitter, personally vindictive responses on this subject, I recommend that you try going to the Gingerwood bulletin board to see the member responses there. They have been pithy, witty and appropriate and mature. They also understood the issue.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Voracious Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaslay View Post
You make some good points and yes, I have been writing to all the companies I love, to see if they could make these options of unmounted and unmounted cling available. Why should one not be allowed to ask for what they want?
You are free to ask and free to chose the vendors who provide what you want. The bone of contention here is your A B C list. If a particular vendor has done well with providing a product and doesn't (or can't) change what they offer, that is their right. If it's not what you prefer, then don't buy from them.

As I said before, I like using wood mounted stamps, but many companies don't offer wood mounts anymore. I patronize the ones that do, but I'm certainly not going to campaign against the ones that don't.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:21 PM

Dear Freefairies
Your reply gave me new faith in this forum. I used to love Gingerwood when I lived in the USA but sadly we can't access it from Australia. Thanks so much for your helpful and generous imput. Ta
Old 08-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Starving Artistamps

Hey then we make the A list right? We offer both unmounted and mounted options as well as most collections are available individually and in sets/sheets for even bigger savings :O)

Speaking of Stampotique I LOVE their stamps and have been discussing carrying them. I do wish they would offer them UM or cling mounted. That would be my preference. Are they one of the companies who have inspired your post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefairies View Post
Primarily trees and space. When I really can't live without an image I buy it and hope like heck that it will come clean off the wood. (Kudos to Carol at Stampotique who suggested using a microwave to remove the rubber.) I have hundreds of stamps and storage is an issue. This being said, why should I pay for wood I don't want?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:29 PM

You do do do make the A list. And yes, it was Stampotique that inspired this thread. I bought the four images I felt I couldn't do without; then I had to dismount them and put them on my own cling mount.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:29 PM

Absolutely, you make the "A" List. And the you are the first Stamp Company to answer my plea. Stampotique did inspire some of my feelings about this unmounted vs. mounted. My sister has the stamps Prom Queen, Gooseneck, Glimmering Hope and Queen of Life. Several of those are ones I like including Supergirl. Let me know if you ever get them to go with cling or unmounted choice. Love them both. I am very open to where we should put our lists. Any suggestions?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:30 PM

Poor little fairy person.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:32 PM

Is it cuz I'm FAT?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:33 PM

Or cuz I only have one friend?