Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:44 PM
stampin stacy

Default move over Post it notes masks

Avery has come out with post it note like pad but the whole thing is sticky, not just the top. Just saw an ad tonite and had to check it out online: http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Pro...nding-Page.htm

There is even a $1 off coupon ! Wonder if they are or will be on sale due to back to school, I've gotta go check these out to see what sizes, how sticky, etc......
Old 08-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Been real & been fun

I just see note tabs and pocket tabs. Those don't seem big enough to really mask much with.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:30 AM

I think they will be great masks for stamped images Thanks for posting about them!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:50 AM
stampin stacy

They are called Label Pads and come in several sizes, the largest I saw online was 2 x 4 inches. Watch the ad where the lady used a leaf blower on the white board, that is the same ad I saw on TV.

I did some checking and they seem to be on sale at Staples right now but don't get too excited and go crazy. I was reading some of the reviews and there were quite a few concerns about the stickyness (is that a word, lol?) although they were all about them not sticking to non-paper surfaces. I am going to try to pick up a pad this week and will let ya'll know what I think once I do.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:16 AM

You can buy Eclipse tape - which is a roll of repositionable tape that is perfect for making masks.

my blog - a papercrafting journey
Old 08-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Been real & been fun

stickiness is a word, but stickyness is not
Old 08-09-2010, 12:55 PM
stampin stacy

Ya know spell check gave me that spelling but in did not seem right either.

I purchased Eclipse tape, the multi-pack of 3 widths and a roll of the larger (5?) inch but talk about not being sticky. I gave up trying to use it because it never stuck to paper, not even for one use. I have no idea how people manage to use it over and over. I even exchanged the multi-pack at one point but it wasn't really any better. Now it all sits in my closet practically new and unused. It was not worth the frustration, who wants to spent all that time cutting out an image and then not be able to use it, grrr.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:59 PM

The Eclipse tape seems to lose it's stickiness when you overwhelm it with lots of ink. I have some masks that I've had for a year or two that are fine. I have others that were of no use after one use. It all depends on what you are trying to do.

I'm hoping these 'labels' will hold up to a bit more abuse. . .can't wait to see Stacy's review.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:02 PM
StamPoor

Stacy, I'll be eager to hear the results of your "research" on the Avery label pads. I don't do a lot of masking, so a product that doesn't cost much, doesn't take up much space, and can be picked up locally is very appealing. But, of course, it has to work
Old 08-10-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
Ya know spell check gave me that spelling but in did not seem right either.

I purchased Eclipse tape, the multi-pack of 3 widths and a roll of the larger (5?) inch but talk about not being sticky. I gave up trying to use it because it never stuck to paper, not even for one use. I have no idea how people manage to use it over and over. I even exchanged the multi-pack at one point but it wasn't really any better. Now it all sits in my closet practically new and unused. It was not worth the frustration, who wants to spent all that time cutting out an image and then not be able to use it, grrr.
Oh no! I've never heard of anyone having this problem with Eclipse! I've had some of my masks for over a year. After using them a bunch of times they need to be replaced, but i always got my moneys worth from them.

I am looking forward to hearing your results on this other product!

my blog - a papercrafting journey