Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:05 PM

Default "A" list for rubber stamp companies

As consumers of rubber stamps it have finally reached a point where someone has to speak up. We all tend to buy more stamps then we need or can afford but isn't there some responsibility of the companies we buy from to have a heart and some ecological consciousness?

With this in mind I have written down some thoughts on the subject and invite comment and new input, such as the companies you think should be on the "A" list.

I think we should craft a declaration of an "A" list of rubber stamp companies that deserve our first consideration in buying their stamps:

The "A" List: is based on:

1. A "choice" of unmounted, cling mounted and wood for the Stamps we want like the company
Impressionm Obsession.
2. Beeswax and StampFrancisco are on the "A" list because they are unmounted and of course have great images.

The "B" list would consist of companies like::
Hero Arts because although they are up and coming with their new cling stamps they reserve some of their nicest stamps such as "silhouette ivy" and "three ferns " for wood only. Kind of weird.

"C" list are companies that are only wood and won't bend on the subject.

It is like the Circle of Trust. The companies that care about our money situation, the excess in mailing charges that are incurred as well by shipping wood stamps are outside our "Circle of Must" as in must have.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:29 PM

Default Circle of Trust

I totally agree with this assessment. Those of us who try to be environmentally aware; who have too many stamps for their space and who prefer to be able to easily position stamps by seeing through the acrylic mount are being dissed by the companies who refuse to update their policies.

It's a great idea to encourage those of us who really care about these issues to go first to the 'A' list stamp companies when in search of new images. I love Beeswax and Impression Obsession and definitely Zettiology and of course Stamp Francisco. There are so many more too.

Let's hear it for consumer choice and environmental awareness!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:32 PM

Default The "A" list of rubber stamp companies.

Thanks for concurring with this idea. I agree Zettiology is amoung the "A" list.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Voracious Reader

I prefer wood mounted stamps, and I certainly wouldn't want to see any company black-balled because they offered them. If you prefer unmounted stamps, then by all means buy them, but don't put somebody's livelyhood in jeopardy because you think they should run their business a certain way.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:08 PM
wolfeyesone

Everyone is entilted to their own opinion, that being said...

I'm a little confused are you trying to save the trees or just money ?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:38 AM
stampin stacy

There is a market for all types, mounted, unmounted, clear and digital. You should not be dictating what the consumer wants, I like what I like and nobody is going to tell me what I want, except me. In such tough economic times companies must diversify and appeal to any & all markets that can get them business.

I'm sorry if you are have purchased too many stamps or are jealous of others who are still buying but you sound like someone who is bored and looking to start something just for the fun of it to me. This is a community of stampers who support each other and are nice to everyone. We do not go around flaming anyone, consumer or vendor.

All of our vendors have been extremely generous to us, sharing their knowledge and experience, participating in the challenges and our virtual conventions. I for one appreciate them and want to take this moment to thank them and tell them they are awesome.

Thank you to all our vendor members, keep doing such a great job of offering a variety of stamp products.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 AM

I agree with stamping stacy, lady kestrel and wolfeyesone..I really dont think you should have posted this topic...its not fare to our friends here that are members and are related to some of the companies you have listed...I have gone to both of your profiles and neither of you have friends here..this may be why...try to be more friendly with the folks here..we are really nice and love everyones stamps..everyone needs a job...wheither its clear or rubber....just stamp up , be friendly, and create art.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 AM
StamPoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaslay View Post
As consumers of rubber stamps it have finally reached a point where someone has to speak up. We all tend to buy more stamps then we need or can afford but isn't there some responsibility of the companies we buy from to have a heart and some ecological consciousness?
It is my belief that each of us needs to be personally responsible for our choices. If anyone is buying more stamps than they need or can afford (and many do), they must reset their priorities. Any business, including stamp companies, exists to make money for their owners and employees. It is not their responsibility to help us stay within our budgets and make smart choices and it is not up to any of us to dictate what products a company should or should not carry. That's what free enterprise is all about. Everyone is free to support those companies we feel reflect our point of view and not buy from those which do not meet our standards. If enough people choose not to buy from a company, that company will either change or go out of business. No lists are needed.

I see from your post that you apparently live in Australia and I suspect things cost a great deal more for you because of postage charges. Wood mounts are obviously more expensive than cling mounts and clear stamps, and while I can sympathize, that is simply an unfortunate fact for you. But each of us has those kinds of difficulties to face whether it be about stamps or something else.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:07 PM

A number of members have mis-underheard what I am saying. Of course I feel we should all have the choice of how our stamps are mounted. That being said, I feel that if we want the choice of unmounted it is something a rubber stamp company could make possible. That is clear. Enjoy your wooden stamps by all means. I used to have so few that I loved to see them displayed in my craftroom but that point was reached long ago when it is no longer desirable. Sorry if I touched a raw nerve.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:12 PM

Hello girlfriend, I seem to have been misunderstood about my plea to rubber stamp companies about giving a choice of mounting stamps or not and encouraging others who agree to mount a campaign. You seem to be one of the few who actually understood fully the import of my message. The status quo is not my thing and a big change is needed.