Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM
inkspired

Question Bottle Cap questions

I want to make some bottle cap things. What do I use to "glue" the image into the bottle cap? I saw demonstrated at a stamp show how she poured UTEE on top of the image, heated, then sprinkled some more, heated, dropped in doodads (like little brass charms) and sprinkled some more UTEE on top.
When I tried that at home, the paper kept blowing around and the ink and markers I had used ran when the embossing powder was added.
Any ideas? suggestions?
- Inkspired
Old 05-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Elli

I use good old tacky glue to stick the image to the bottle cap. When it is dry I pour over some Dimensionl Magic or Diamond Glaze. (If I don't glue it first the image floats.)
Old 05-16-2007, 12:39 PM
susankling1

Smile bottlecap question

Hi, I use UHU stick glue on my bottle caps after I have removed the plastic inside them. As far as the ink running you should use heat set ink or non-smearing ink pads or pens.
I make my bottlecaps with pictures printed on my inkjet printer or from magazines. I then use clear fingernail polish to seal them after being glued down. You can also use nail poish that has glitter in it. The glue stick is acid-free, but the nail polish is not.
Hope this helps.
Susan
Old 05-16-2007, 08:41 PM
stampin stacy

I was going to suggest a magazine I bought recently since I remembered it having an article about bottlecaps in it but when I took a closer look, it is a pictures only article. Absolutely no info on how they did any of the projects pictured. I hate when magazines do stuff like that. It's not like they couldn't find out how the projects were done their design team did them all.

I'm glad you are getting tips here from some of the others.