Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Craft Curmududgeon

Wink Do you 'live' in more than one...

...online stamp community?

No need to name them if the answer is 'Yes', but would enjoy hearing why.

Since I got online back in the 90s, I've membered-up on several communities that were fun while they lasted. While all were 'sponsored' sites, none were 'hard sell' for the sponsor's products (same here). And they all had a 'special' something that kept me coming back to the neighborhood.

What's more. I found I could (can) often use something between my stamping towns.

And note that I say community as opposed to group. I've tried the 'group' thing, but the interaction just ain't the same.

My fave communities all have a forum template--like RSC--that lets me check out neighborhoods. Some of which I might visit just now & again. Others that become regular stops. KWIM?

So how 'bout you?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

This is the only community I visit regularly.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/

Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Voracious Reader

This is the only rubberstamp site I visit. I also help administer an adventure game website and spend a lot of time at other game sites.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 AM
stampin stacy

I have belonged to many sites most of which went bye-bye. I belong to a few others currently but this is the one I check in at least once a day, the others not so much.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM

I check into a few scrapbooking/crafting communities every day.

One is local, so I have made real life friends through it as we have retreats twice a year (and have done so since 2007 so it is standing the test of time and is not sponsored by any manufacturer, but by a community minded scrapper).

One is a larger group of international crafters (scrappers mainly but they make cards and otp items sometimes) mainly based in the USA and UK. They ask crafty questions every day which draws me in Small enough to feel like I can get to know people and not large enough to feel impersonal.

There is another large community I check into but have never become engaged with the people as it is too large for me. They post projects most days though which interests me and I get inspiration there.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:36 PM
beadbabe

I live on way too many which is why I never have time to do any actual stamping.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Been real & been fun

I belong to RSC, my first real home, and I check out SCS on a routine basis because they have a resource site that has been quite helpful to me.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:59 PM

Maybe there are only a hundred stampers out there, and we are all just moving about!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM
stmpstone

What I like about this group are all the vendors here. I feel they keep us up on the latest that's happening out there.

There were several boards on aol and they've closed them all down. One where there were just a few of us left moved to a Yahoo group. I think there are only 6 or 8 there.

When I wanted to learn more about how to use my Copics I joined Copic Crafters and the main focus there is Copics and some very talented people there.

Oh, I'm in another small but active group that broke off from aol. It's sweet, simple with no hard and fast rules. We've kept it closed as we know and understand one another. We like it that way.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:15 PM

This is the only stamping group I know of and visit.

I'm in one other crafter group where we swap cards/atc's, secret sister gifts, ect. Its been a couple years and a great group of people. they do some awesome work.