Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:27 PM

OK, I pulled that ATC out of the trash. Stickles and glitter could be fun to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideycindy View Post
Don't throw away...Trash to Treasure!!!! You could do a stamp alignment and take same butterfly stamp and stamp black on the butterfly around the edges only and do a stamp over or layer color in different ways....stickles, glitter...etc and play more? That is how new ideas evolve!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Lovett View Post
Someone recently asked me how to use the

2. "Watermark" stamping. "The VersaMark Watermark Inkpad features a clear translucent ink, which produces a stamped image slightly darker than the paper color creating a watermark effect." Stamp, then watch as the image darkens on the cardstock.
I would like some more info on this. I have used watermark inkpads and yes, the stamped image does appear darker on paper but later seems like it dries out and the watermark is not visible anymore. Any ideas? Techniques I should use?

Do you think stamping with grease would give a watermark effect? Anything else I can try for a good watermark?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is it not visible after you tilt it...i have always used versamark watermark ink..and been using it for over 10 years now...never any problems with it..what brand are you using...and also look at your cardstock....someone told me years ago that they tried it on construction color paper..and it did what you said..it sucked it up where you couldn't see it...so do check your brands you are using..to get quality art you do need good products..i am not saying go out and buy the best, but you do need good stuff..but since i dont know the things that were used..all i can do is come up with maybe's..do let us all know what you come up with
Old 12-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAfricanQueen View Post
So Spidey, correct me if I've misunderstood, but you stamp your image with dye ink and then tap the Versamark all over the image and then heat set it? Or do you stamp the image with Versamark and then heat set that?
Oops sorry for late reply. I use the VM naked and heat set it to dry it up a bit. I have stamped in ink and over stamped in VM when I wanted to get it shiny and of the color using clear EP...lol but I am just that way sometimes...use what ya got...lol
Old 02-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Been real & been fun

New found use for the Versamark:

Having problems getting a good image with a polymer stamp? I just tried this and it is beauteous!

First, apply polymer stamp to Versamark. DO NOT CLEAN. Next, apply same stamp to the dye ink of your choice. Stamp on practice paper. Apply dye ink again. Stamp. Now you must clean the stamp because this application is good for about two images.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:26 PM

I didn't know that, AQ. Thanks for sharing this tip!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:56 PM

Your tip was PERFECT TIMING for me. After reading your tip I sat down to play with a brand new set of polymer stamps, and when I didn't get a good stamped image, I tried your tip. It was exactly what was needed. Thanks again, AQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAfricanQueen View Post
New found use for the Versamark:
Having problems getting a good image with a polymer stamp? I just tried this and it is beauteous!

First, apply polymer stamp to Versamark. DO NOT CLEAN. Next, apply same stamp to the dye ink of your choice. Stamp on practice paper. Apply dye ink again. Stamp. Now you must clean the stamp because this application is good for about two images.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Been real & been fun

Can you believe that this tip happened to me on accident
Old 03-01-2011, 11:19 AM
fadedpaperrose11

Serendipity
Old 03-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Been real & been fun

Sara who?