Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:24 PM

i've done this technique, one of my favorites even, but i let the Versa Mark dry for at least 20 minutes, once or twice overnight, it's worked very well.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:38 AM
fadedpaperrose11

Sounds fun, ladies. I don't do many techniques, but will have to try these with my watermark pad. Thanks for your great suggestions.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:13 AM

Hey Darci. If you try any of these techniques, and want to make some ATCs, we'd love to have you play with us in the November ATC Technique swap.

BTW, this invitation is open to everyone.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:01 AM
stampin stacy

I did this using a resist pad by Ranger a lot several years ago, then the pad dried out and I could not find a refill for it. I guess I could have ordered one from the stamp store before it closed but never got around to it.

An art gum eraser is handy for this since you can "mold" it into any size/shape. You can get really close to the stamp line or into the tiniest of areas to erase unwanted chalk.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

I used the Versamark pad on the card I recently sent to AQ in the sand and on top of the moon. It was a sparkle one and thot it would be fun in the sand and in front of the moon...you can kind of see it in person...lol
Old 10-13-2010, 06:42 AM

I have seen these new sparkle VersaMark pads, but haven't known how to use it. So, do you get sparkle even if you use clear ep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideycindy View Post
I used the Versamark pad on the card I recently sent to AQ in the sand and on top of the moon. It was a sparkle one and thot it would be fun in the sand and in front of the moon...you can kind of see it in person...lol
Old 10-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Spideycindy

I have only used it naked....I rather like Versamark as a stand alone and heat set to remove the sticky and let the subtle tone work in the background. I just like it alot that way. I have not tried ep with it but the sparkle is rather nice....I used frost. It was a precious gift from a very special friend. Not sure of the other applications and there are more sparkle ones available I think like champagne?
Anyone else use it?
Old 10-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Spideycindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Lovett View Post
Did someone ask for visuals (AQ )?

I used Soft Pastels, but you can use the little chalk squares too. As you can see, the butterfly is a bold stamp; the pumpkin image is more of a line stamp. Also you can use a chalk eraser if you want to eliminate the chalk that goes beyond the image.

Edit: I am a teacher at heart, so I want to show you the mistake: the butterfly at the bottom. I RUBBED the chalk over the VersaMark instead of DABBING or POUNCING the chalk onto the VersaMark. The color isn't as bright and the image blurs when you rub. This ATC was headed for the trash so I stamped "sequin waste" over it for fun (stamp from Inka/Scroll Works).
Don't throw away...Trash to Treasure!!!! You could do a stamp alignment and take same butterfly stamp and stamp black on the butterfly around the edges only and do a stamp over or layer color in different ways....stickles, glitter...etc and play more? That is how new ideas evolve!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Been real & been fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideycindy View Post
I have only used it naked....I rather like Versamark as a stand alone and heat set to remove the sticky and let the subtle tone work in the background. I just like it alot that way. I have not tried ep with it but the sparkle is rather nice....I used frost. It was a precious gift from a very special friend. Not sure of the other applications and there are more sparkle ones available I think like champagne?
Anyone else use it?
So Spidey, correct me if I've misunderstood, but you stamp your image with dye ink and then tap the Versamark all over the image and then heat set it? Or do you stamp the image with Versamark and then heat set that?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:26 PM

My friend, Barbara, reminded me of the Dabber Resist Technique. You can use your VersaMark watermark ink in the first step, then clear emboss. Here is the tutorial:
http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showt...0638#post90638