Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:29 PM
wolfeyesone

Thanks for sharing the pics Deb, looks like you all had plenty to keep you busy ! The pins came out wonderful ! Can't wait for Jean's tut on embossing the soda cans.. and I take it from your comment your spinning machine needed energizer batteries & alot of them.. Glad your get together worked out nicley & you had alot of fun.. Nice to see you ladies & maybe next year I'll be making a L-o-n-g road trip
Old 06-24-2011, 07:09 AM

We would LOVE it if you could come next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyesone View Post
Nice to see you ladies & maybe next year I'll be making a L-o-n-g road trip
Old 06-24-2011, 07:54 AM
CowTown Stamps owner

thanks for sharing the pix! looks like you had a blast. I thought I had one of those spinny thingys, will have to dig thru the closet to see if its hiding in there, I know if I do have it, Ive never used it. like lots of stuff I have had over the years!
Looking forward to the can tut!
Click here to see our Card Gallery!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
paperaddict

We have a SWARM here 2 x a year....about 10 ladies rent the empty store downtown for 4 days and everyone brings stamps, cricuts, punches and die cutters. They crop around the clock for the 4 days....take breaks to go to the folk school and local paper arts store..
And each one shows a tip or technique every day!
They always look like they are having a blast!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:37 PM

Deb, I had a thought about the spin machine. Since the origional batteries had been in it for so long, I wonder if the terminals are corroded and need some fine sand paper or an emery stick to sand them clean. The Energizer Bunny can't be that weak!!!!!! LOL!!! Jean
Old 06-24-2011, 01:45 PM

The day I first met Deb was 2 days before my 95 year old mother passed away. When I saw Deb's name on her name tag, I felt like I was meeting a famous celebrity because I had seen and loved her work in so many magazines for so long. I had wondered who she was and if our paths would ever cross. The world works in mysterious ways. I truly believe that when one door closes another one opens. Spending time together is inspiring because Deb pushes me outside of the box which is good for all of us. I sincerely hope that more of you can attend next year.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM

That sounds like so much fun. Do you think they will let you join them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterPortraits View Post
We have a SWARM here 2 x a year....about 10 ladies rent the empty store downtown for 4 days and everyone brings stamps, cricuts, punches and die cutters. They crop around the clock for the 4 days....take breaks to go to the folk school and local paper arts store..
And each one shows a tip or technique every day!
They always look like they are having a blast!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:13 PM

What a nice thing to say, Jean. Thanks so much. I have enjoyed learning from you for sure! You are quite knowledgeable, fun, encouraging and very generous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean H.S. View Post
The day I first met Deb was 2 days before my 95 year old mother passed away. When I saw Deb's name on her name tag, I felt like I was meeting a famous celebrity because I had seen and loved her work in so many magazines for so long. I had wondered who she was and if our paths would ever cross. The world works in mysterious ways. I truly believe that when one door closes another one opens. Spending time together is inspiring because Deb pushes me outside of the box which is good for all of us. I sincerely hope that more of you can attend next year.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:40 PM
paperaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Lovett View Post
That sounds like so much fun. Do you think they will let you join them?
Don't know them enough yet....they have been friends for years and meet at Springbreak and sometime in summer or sometimes fall.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 AM

What you said about me is very sweet and appreciated Deb. Friends love, teach, help and support each other. I have run into a hurdle with the soda can cards. Can you believe that the public library in Monticello, Iowa, does not have a scanner so am having soda can cards photo copied as I have to give two tomorrow to birthday celebrants?????????? I want to make another one for a step-son who lives in Florida and has always been in steel building construction and now does air conditioning duct work. Steel men need industrial cards. Sheryl is sharing some of her beautiful flowers for pressing ----with the assistance of all 6 of the outdoor cats, of course ---- needless to say they are most helpful ---- so have been working with pressed single hot pink roses. Her deep purple clematis (sp??) is blooming and presses beautifully so feel more pressing with cats......Jean