Rubber Stamp Chat


Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-23-2011, 10:29 PM
wolfeyesone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for sharing the pics Deb, looks like you all had plenty to keep you busy ! The pins came out wonderful ! Can't wait for Jean's tut on embossing the soda cans.. and I take it from your comment your spinning machine needed energizer batteries & alot of them.. Glad your get together worked out nicley & you had alot of fun.. Nice to see you ladies & maybe next year I'll be making a L-o-n-g road trip
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Deb Lovett's Avatar
Deb Lovett Deb Lovett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,004
Default

We would LOVE it if you could come next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyesone View Post
Nice to see you ladies & maybe next year I'll be making a L-o-n-g road trip
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-24-2011, 07:54 AM
rscowtown1's Avatar
rscowtown1 rscowtown1 is offline
CowTown Stamps owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Holstein, WI
Posts: 838
Default

thanks for sharing the pix! looks like you had a blast. I thought I had one of those spinny thingys, will have to dig thru the closet to see if its hiding in there, I know if I do have it, Ive never used it. like lots of stuff I have had over the years!
Looking forward to the can tut!
__________________
Thanks, Laurel of
www.cowtownstamps.com
God has blessed me, may He bless you too!
Click here to see our Card Gallery!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
CritterPortraits's Avatar
CritterPortraits CritterPortraits is offline
paperaddict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: in the mountains of my dreams
Posts: 718
Default

We have a SWARM here 2 x a year....about 10 ladies rent the empty store downtown for 4 days and everyone brings stamps, cricuts, punches and die cutters. They crop around the clock for the 4 days....take breaks to go to the folk school and local paper arts store..
And each one shows a tip or technique every day!
They always look like they are having a blast!
__________________
Pat aka CritterPortraits
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Jean H.S. Jean H.S. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 49
Default

Deb, I had a thought about the spin machine. Since the origional batteries had been in it for so long, I wonder if the terminals are corroded and need some fine sand paper or an emery stick to sand them clean. The Energizer Bunny can't be that weak!!!!!! LOL!!! Jean
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Jean H.S. Jean H.S. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 49
Default

The day I first met Deb was 2 days before my 95 year old mother passed away. When I saw Deb's name on her name tag, I felt like I was meeting a famous celebrity because I had seen and loved her work in so many magazines for so long. I had wondered who she was and if our paths would ever cross. The world works in mysterious ways. I truly believe that when one door closes another one opens. Spending time together is inspiring because Deb pushes me outside of the box which is good for all of us. I sincerely hope that more of you can attend next year.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Deb Lovett's Avatar
Deb Lovett Deb Lovett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,004
Default

That sounds like so much fun. Do you think they will let you join them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterPortraits View Post
We have a SWARM here 2 x a year....about 10 ladies rent the empty store downtown for 4 days and everyone brings stamps, cricuts, punches and die cutters. They crop around the clock for the 4 days....take breaks to go to the folk school and local paper arts store..
And each one shows a tip or technique every day!
They always look like they are having a blast!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Deb Lovett's Avatar
Deb Lovett Deb Lovett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 1,004
Default

What a nice thing to say, Jean. Thanks so much. I have enjoyed learning from you for sure! You are quite knowledgeable, fun, encouraging and very generous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean H.S. View Post
The day I first met Deb was 2 days before my 95 year old mother passed away. When I saw Deb's name on her name tag, I felt like I was meeting a famous celebrity because I had seen and loved her work in so many magazines for so long. I had wondered who she was and if our paths would ever cross. The world works in mysterious ways. I truly believe that when one door closes another one opens. Spending time together is inspiring because Deb pushes me outside of the box which is good for all of us. I sincerely hope that more of you can attend next year.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-24-2011, 06:40 PM
CritterPortraits's Avatar
CritterPortraits CritterPortraits is offline
paperaddict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: in the mountains of my dreams
Posts: 718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Lovett View Post
That sounds like so much fun. Do you think they will let you join them?
Don't know them enough yet....they have been friends for years and meet at Springbreak and sometime in summer or sometimes fall.
__________________
Pat aka CritterPortraits
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Jean H.S. Jean H.S. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 49
Default

What you said about me is very sweet and appreciated Deb. Friends love, teach, help and support each other. I have run into a hurdle with the soda can cards. Can you believe that the public library in Monticello, Iowa, does not have a scanner so am having soda can cards photo copied as I have to give two tomorrow to birthday celebrants?????????? I want to make another one for a step-son who lives in Florida and has always been in steel building construction and now does air conditioning duct work. Steel men need industrial cards. Sheryl is sharing some of her beautiful flowers for pressing ----with the assistance of all 6 of the outdoor cats, of course ---- needless to say they are most helpful ---- so have been working with pressed single hot pink roses. Her deep purple clematis (sp??) is blooming and presses beautifully so feel more pressing with cats......Jean
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=