Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:33 AM
stmpstone

I don't dilute the awesome cleaner. I use the yellow all purpose cleaner. You can rinse it off afterwards, but I just grab it and spray. I once grabbed a bottle and sprayed my face. I don't recommend it on cleaning your eyes. YYYEEEEOOOOWWWW! I've been using this to clean stamps for several years now with no problem.

I buy a stack of wash cloths at WalMart and use those for stamp cleaning.

Oh, Wayne, Kroeger owns Smith's and several other markets. In California they own Ralph's too.

Claudia in Las Vegas
Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 AM
moussette

electric toothbrush is good.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Inky the Muse

That would save you scrubbing, but how do you deal with the splatter? Getting the ink off the rubber & all over the bathroom isn't much of a trade off.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky Whiskers View Post
That would save you scrubbing, but how do you deal with the splatter? Getting the ink off the rubber & all over the bathroom isn't much of a trade off.
I keep it low in the sink & have a small stream of water going so if it gets too 'wild' I can splash down the sink quickly. I like the El TB system for my more detailed stamps since it gives just enough aggitation but isn't too hard on the surfaces. Just remember to not use your current brush, have a dedicated stamp brush. I had a friend bring my TB out once and it had the stamp brush on & she asked if I was eating too much licorice again.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 PM

There are some hand held power toothbrushes that are fairly inexpensive. Might be worth a try for stamps. Now that I have more information I may just try that awsome cleaner. Imagine that used with the TB! Might just be great and I could do it in the bottom of the laundry tub to control the spatter.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 PM
polevaulter

What a great idea! Great thinking outside the box!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:06 AM
Tindaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab View Post
No, I never heard of that Pad but I had seen other stamp scrubbers before. I know of some folks who found that the flat paint pads (for trim painting tools) from the hardware store were also useful but I did not like them personally. I think I will look for that Clear Stamp cleaner though.
This pad is soft and u can bend it every wich way. And easy to rinse off too.
Couldn't do without one anymore!
And the Clear Stamp cleanser from Ranger smells SoooOo good!!!
U have to get it if u have lots of clearstamps
It's like candy! wanna eat it... but that would be bad? *lol*
Old 01-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Tindaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
Tindaloo, I have seen the Rub-it-Scrub-it but have not tried it. I really like your assembly line cleaning process, sounds like it would make keeping your stamps clean a much easier task.
Yep, now that u say it, I guess I'm kind of like on an assembly line when I cleanse my stamps! Maybe I worked in a factory in another life!
Most of my stamps doesn't appear to have been used! Think that's because I never let the ink dry in the rubber before I 'scrub' it off. I hate lending my rubbers to friends, 'cause I always have to clean them again even if they think it looks ok...
I even have a habit of taking 5 or more rubberstamps, and stampin up a lot of images, not only one of each, when i first need just the one motif!
I keep the stamp-motifs I print up inside organizers, with labels of this and that stampcompany, easy accessable
So I only once in a while need to do the assembly-line-stamp&clean-thing
Old 01-12-2009, 12:17 PM
torfina

That's all good advise, I'm going to try the toothbrush.
Nancy
DogGoneStamps