Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:45 AM
stampin stacy

Default New Years submission resolution

Anyone want to make the commitment with me to make and submitting artwork to publications?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:29 AM
fadedpaperrose11

I will, Stacy. I need incentive to do that. I usually do all the footwork, but then miss the deadline because I waited tooooo long to get started. Aaargh! So I could use someone to give me a push.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Inky the Muse

I applaude you both for striving to get your art out there!

My artisitc goal this year is to get my own stamping blog going. My 'puter wiz DH said he'd help with set up & maintainance. I can only hope somebody will want to read it.

P.S. Do either of you know which mags you'll be aiming for? We gotta know where to look for you, ya' know!
Old 12-27-2008, 03:41 PM
stampin stacy

Quote:
Do either of you know which mags you'll be aiming for? We gotta know where to look for you, ya' know
who ever will take us.

Believe me if I get picked ya'll will know about it just as soon as someone picks me up off the floor and revives me.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:09 PM
RSMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
who ever will take us.
Often times, magazines will have a Theme Call for upcoming issues. If you can submit artwork using that theme (or using specific tools and products), the chances are more likely that you'll get picked to publish.

Vamp Stamp News and RSMadness announce their upcoming themes on their websites. "Just Cards" has a half-dozen categories - basic ones, like: Holiday, Occasion, "Thinking of You" as examples.... so most any theme you may submit to JC has a likely chance of being picked.

Each submission should have the complete instructions for preparing the card attached to it, as well as your name, address, phone and email address. All images should be identified by mfr., and specific name brands of inks, card and paper should also be used.

Some people hesitate to submit because of these requirements.... but, if you can jot down what you're using in a notebook as you go, it'll be a lot easier to write up the instructions later on.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:03 PM
stampin stacy

Thanks for the advice Cheryl. I already do most of that so I can post to the gallery here, so part of the process is already in practice.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

If'n your submssion gets published and you use stamps from Viva Las Vegastamps! AND said stamps are credited by the print magazine, just send a scan of it to me and I'll give you a credit towards VLVS! merchandise... (the amount of the credit depends on how many of our stamps are used and credited)... the ONLY magazine I get is RSM so if you're published in there, you can just give me the page number... good luck!
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/

Old 12-27-2008, 10:23 PM
stampin stacy

Thanks Stampo,

Now see everyone, one more reason to join in on the "I'm going to start submitting my work" band wagon. Anyone else want to make the resolution to give it a try????
Old 12-28-2008, 01:17 AM

Sounds interesting. Have you considered the 'different point of view' where the group uses the same stamp group but in each artist's final submission they are all done differently?? I'll decide when you pick the mag & guidelines for the submission. Keep me in mind. ~C8>
Old 12-28-2008, 04:43 PM

Hum, we haven't heard from Taniwolf lately but I know she wanted to do a group submission if possible. I think we weren't sure about how to get the stamp(s) to each person. . .

I like your New Year's resolution Stacy. . .just don't know if I'll get the job under enough control so it doesn't consume me. It's made me much too tired, although I am wondering if I have had a mild case of mono courtesy of my youngest!