Thread: Two Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:25 PM

Default Momento Cocoa and Mulberry

Here it is, Stacy!

I used chalks, versacolor inks and glitter/stardust pens. RST's peg stamps added flowers, shrubbies. The actual meadow is a very light green chalk that doesn't show up well in the scan. It's subtly glittery in real life.

I included my other options for backing cardstock. The green was my second choice and very calming, brought more depth to the chalks in the sky and the meadow. The blue is actually what I had behind the mulberry as I was chalking, adding the versacolors, etc. It didn't have the punch of the dark gold or green once I was finished. The red brought out the red in the sky and some of the bushes but muted the cocoa too much. I tried quite a few other colors to back the dark gold but opted to the KISS principle since they started to detract from boldness of the gold.

I was a little heavier on the highlights on the doe than I wanted, but it still works.

Cardstock is from Just Imagine Crafts - subtly glittery itself and just yummy, yummy paper.

I'm still waiting for the brown glitter pen which supposedly exists but I haven't found it online or at the LSS yet. . .would have helped with under the rocks and some of the tree trunks. I tend to use short strokes or dots to create sparkle and to enhance the chalk or ink colors.

What could I have done to make this even better Kevin?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CocoaMulberry.jpg (37.6 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by piecesandpom; 05-10-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Add last paragraphs