View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Been real & been fun

Default My first time stampin' on veneer

It's been a while now since DH took me to a place that sells exotic woods. While there, I noticed a box that had a bunch of veneer in it. I asked how much they charged for a piece and they told me to take what I wanted. I ended up taking just three pieces, but enough for me to play with.

Well, even though I had read Inky Whiskers' dissertation on stamping veneer, I was more than a little apprehensive.

At the end of August, a friend of ours who is very well schooled in construction, had his birthday. I've had a difficult time making masculine cards, so veneer seemed to be the solution to this challenge.

I followed Inky's directions by sealing my piece of veneer with a spray sealant after I cut the size piece I wanted to use. After letting the sealant dry, I proceeded with the stamping of my chosen images.

As I do not know the name of the adhesive I used, I can tell you that it comes on a roll, is double sided and has a red backing. It's just what the doctor ordered when adhering a piece of veneer to cardstock!

DH gave me rave reviews at the birthday party at which I must have turned a gazillion shades of red! Anyway, here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mike's Birthday Card.jpg (27.9 KB, 37 views)