Thread: Non Exclusive
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 05:52 AM
Been real & been fun

Default Non Exclusive

I've never been one for being exclusive. Perhaps it was because I was bullied from third grade until I graduated from high school. Whatever the case, it's who I am.

RSC is an amazing forum. Granted, the environment here has changed since I joined in 2009. But, Wow! Eight years! How cool is that.

Prior to joining RSC, I had joined SCS (aka Splitcoaststampers). For me, it was the equivalent of going from rural life to big city life at warp speed. I wasn't getting 'in' like I wanted to and had envisioned I would. It was at that time that I remembered seeing an ad in RSM about this forum, RSC.

More recently, I've been a forum jockey - going back and forth between here and SCS. Even more recently, I've participated in some of their challenges through what they term as VSN or Virtual Stamping Night. And I was accidentally introduced to something called Favorites. It's only been due to my participation here at RSC that I participated in those challenges. RSC has helped me so much with not only my stamping skills but also with my people skills.

Why am I telling you this, you may be wondering. Am I leaving RSC? Heavens NO. Oh contrare. As RSC has helped me in so many ways, I believe that SCS may be able to help us albeit a different way. Della will have the most answers for most of the questions I will pose here but which I'd like to include everyone here because without each of us it just won't fly.

How possible is it for us to do something likewise here but with the RSC brand? They use vbulletin and so do we. It seems possible from that vantage point.

How many of you would participate in an event where there weren't any prizes just events that helped you to hone your skills or venture out into new areas?

Would you like to see our Gallery get more visitors?

Would you like more comments on the uploads you put in the gallery?

I've only had a minor taste of what could be accomplished. If we start small scale so that we can test drive this idea, I think we could make a go of it. It's not that I want RSC to become SCS. Far from it. What I'd like to see is RSC come back around to more activity similar to when I first joined.

Questions? Comments?

Last edited by TheAfricanQueen; 06-22-2016 at 05:58 AM.