Rubber Stamp Chat

Rubber Stamp Chat (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/index.php)
-   Questions and Suggestions (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I'm having trouble uploading to the Gallery (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=499)

Tracy T. 07-25-2007 10:05 AM

I'm having trouble uploading to the Gallery

Last night, I uploaded a project I had created and it said "Upload successful" but there is nothing in my Gallery. When I tried to upload today, it said "File too large". I know NOTHING about changing image sizes. Please help, I'm anxious to share!
Thanks,
Tracy

XrayAmy 07-25-2007 10:06 AM

First Tracy, what software are you using to save your artwork in?

Tracy T. 07-25-2007 10:14 AM

I don't really know. I scan my images into a file on my desktop. My operating system is Windows XP if that helps.

XrayAmy 07-25-2007 10:20 AM

When you are scanning it in you are using the scanning software I assume instead of something like Photoshop? You still should have the ability to change the file size before or during the save process. The max pixel size for the width and height in the gallery is 720 x 720 which is 10" x 10". The maximum file size is 200kb. You should be able to check the file size and reduce it. Also, check and see if you have Photoshop Elements on your computer too. You can also email me something you are trying to upload and I can check the file size for you ...beeswaxrs@aol.com

XrayAmy 07-25-2007 10:27 AM

Also when you save your art what is the resolution you pick? You should be saving at 72 dpi which will reduce your file size quite a bit if you're saving it at a higher dpi right now.

Tracy T. 07-25-2007 01:20 PM

Thanks Amy, I'll try it when I get home from work this afternoon. I never have any prompts when I scan, it just saves it in my Documents, and I place it in a file on my desktop. I don't have Photoshop on my PC unfortunately.
Thanks again, I'll look into it!

XrayAmy 07-25-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy T. (Post 3102)
Thanks Amy, I'll try it when I get home from work this afternoon. I never have any prompts when I scan, it just saves it in my Documents, and I place it in a file on my desktop. I don't have Photoshop on my PC unfortunately.
Thanks again, I'll look into it!

Double check that you don't have Adobe Photoshop Elements. Also check the type of save you are doing...it should be saved as a jpg or gif.

XrayAmy 07-25-2007 02:13 PM

Actually Tracy, I think I can fix your problem even easier. Just check at what resolution you are scanning in. If it's set for anything other than 72dpi change it to that. That way you can scan in 72dpi and then just save your image.

stampin stacy 07-25-2007 05:56 PM

Amy I had a similar incident yesterday to what Tracy described and my resolutions etc were fine. I just went back in and tried again and it worked that time. I guess the system just hiccuped :eyeroll: .

Good news Tracy is if you'll read some of my earlier post you will see I too knew nothing about what I was doing. Amy is the best, and you too will be an "expert" in no time, just be as stubborn as me. A machine was not going to get the best of me, especially when it came to showing off something I was proud of making. :D .

Tracy T. 07-27-2007 09:46 PM

Well, I'm still trying to figure this out, I got my resolution set to 72 dpi, but the dimensions are still off. Scan is way small when I view it and a large amount of the scanner bed is coming through.
I'm just sick about it, as I've already given away the cards I'd previously scanned and saved. Would like to have shared them here now that Sugarloaf has been deleted!
Thanks for the help!

Stampo 07-27-2007 09:55 PM

If you want to email me a scan at stampo@stampo.com, I'll take a look at it in Photoshop and see if I can see what the problem is... if you're seeing the scanner bed, it sounds like you need to crop just the image...

Tracy T. 07-27-2007 10:16 PM

Thanks for your help. I did manage to get one card into the gallery, but can still see some of the bed. I did find Photoshop on my PC, just haven't had a chance to get in and play with it.

XrayAmy 07-27-2007 10:20 PM

Email me one of them...I can fix it. If it's super easy I'll fix them all.

XrayAmy 07-27-2007 10:22 PM

With Photoshop you can scan directly in Photoshop. While in Photoshop go to File>Import and there you should see your scanner. If you do have cards to scan I can totally help you step by step. If you just need to fix cards you already scanned just email them all to me...I'll fix them.

Tracy T. 07-27-2007 10:36 PM

You are the best!

XrayAmy 07-27-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy T. (Post 3176)
You are the best!

Just doin' my job.

Tracy T. 07-27-2007 10:52 PM

Sorry for cramming your mailbox Amy, but thanks so much. Gotta hit the sack, it's almost 1 am here! XX:wave:

XrayAmy 07-27-2007 11:13 PM

HAHAHA!!! I didn't know who they were from and I just email you a "who are you and what are you sending me" email" LOL!

XrayAmy 07-28-2007 12:08 AM

Done! Let me know if I missed one in there. Most of your files were 300 dpi (a few were 150) which made the largest dimension 1500 pixels which is why you couldn't upload them. Just changing them to 72 dip fixed it.

Tracy T. 07-28-2007 08:46 PM

Thanks for all your support and help! I cracked up when I saw your "who are you" email. :)) Realized I hadn't added any text to let you know they were from me. So sorry.....
I've passed the word on to all my stamping buddies so we should be hitting that 1000 member mark soon!
Blessings to you,
Tracy
:wave:

XrayAmy 07-28-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy T. (Post 3229)
Thanks for all your support and help! I cracked up when I saw your "who are you" email. :)) Realized I hadn't added any text to let you know they were from me. So sorry.....
I've passed the word on to all my stamping buddies so we should be hitting that 1000 member mark soon!
Blessings to you,
Tracy
:wave:

Shows how short my short term memory is! Thanks for letting your friends know about RSC!