Rubber Stamp Chat

Rubber Stamp Chat (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/index.php)
-   Stamp Talk (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Organization Junkie? (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=3599)

Theresagram 03-27-2010 01:22 PM

Karen, that's neat that you have two windows! Gotta love that natural light!

When we first added on to the house, my brother in law had framed in my craft room and the window was going to be about the size of a window in most showers. (Think 8"x24") ACK! I told him, rip it out...I want a BIG window!!!

Lady Kestrel 03-27-2010 02:49 PM

I like seeing other stampers' work areas. I'm in the process of cleaning mine up now, so maybe I'll take a picture or two before it gets messed up again.

I like having lots of natural light, too, and my craft room/office has a former picture window which we converted to 3 casement windows. It faces south, so there's lots of light in there all day.

Speaking of boxes, my husband saves the little snus tins for me. They are a great size for beads, brads, charms, and buttons, and they stack well.

Theresagram 03-27-2010 04:28 PM

Here's a pic of my workspace. Two tables, but I have room to add 2 more if I have that many people over. The day I took this pic it was a mess, hubby had papers everywhere, he was working on something.

My window is like 4'x5' and faces south too! I love all the natural light.

Attachment 1102

If you see any dust bunnies, they're not real, but were photoshopped in. :))

StamPoor 03-27-2010 06:45 PM

I am a HUGE fan of natural light and my stamping area is in our family room which has 6 windows that are each 6' x 4' and has a skylight. I love it!

stampin stacy 03-28-2010 06:24 AM

I'm seeing a trend here, my window faces south too! There are a couple of big trees just outside too for a great view of birds playing and it also filters out the sun's harmful rays. The way the house and trees are positioned I get more light in the winter than I do in the summer. Cooler in the summer, this is TX after all and brighter in the winter, definitely a good thing.

Theresagram 03-28-2010 10:16 AM

That's awesome, Stacy! I have a big side yard outside my window and up until recently we had a bunch of stuff stored there from the construction. Hubby cleaned it all up and just planted a little garden for me for my birthday.

StamPoor 03-28-2010 11:07 AM

How nice to have a lovely view from your windows. While I love all the natural light, my view is of a LOOMING 4-story townhouse development and the wall around it which is currently being shored up by some wooden braces that can be seen from our windows but not those of the townhouse residents... grrr. :angry: But there is a little bit of yard with some trees in between and so I do see birds and squirrels.

piecesandpom 03-28-2010 01:18 PM

Our 'den' was supposed to be my weaving room in my imagination years ago - three full-sized patio doors, two along one wall. Not lots of storage with only 1 2/3rds walls but tons of light, views of our backyard/river and some flowerbeds. Don't know if it will get to be my stamping place or not; depends on how quickly our children move out of the house and if my husband and I can agree on how to transform our living room (no TV in the living room right now).

Hyde 03-28-2010 03:26 PM

I am jealous of all you gals with windows...my studio is in the basement..but I do love it down here. I can hide out, have time for myself and close the world out! But it would be nice to see a bird or two...maybe I should get a bird cage and put 2 flake birdie in it...since I don't want to have to clean a bird cage :)

Inky Whiskers 03-28-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacy (Post 73435)
I'm seeing a trend here...

Just to be a weirdo...my two windows face west & north. :D