Rubber Stamp Chat

Rubber Stamp Chat (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/index.php)
-   Stamp Talk (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Organization Junkie? (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=3599)

Inky Whiskers 03-25-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theresagram (Post 73337)
I don't know how you gals who use cd cases have the room for them all. I'd need about 1,000 cd cases for my measly 2,600 stamps. And I just don't have room for that many cd cases! LOL

If Theresa would need that many CDs to hold her stamps, I don't want to even think about how many I would need! :shock: I think I'll stick with my Halos'd ums in zip bags & my (comparatively) few cling & polymer stamps in the cd/dvd cases w/everything living in drawers...for now. :D

Theresagram 03-25-2010 03:47 PM

I should add here that a lot of my binders are only maybe 25% full. Some of them are 100% full, couldn't get another thing into them. Others, I only have 1-2 sheets of the plastic because I don't have that many stamps in that category yet. So, these 41 or 42 binders will eventually hold quite a few more stamps. I'm thinking at least another 400-500. :)

stampin stacy 03-25-2010 03:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of things I've mentioned, sorry it took so long to get around to it.

First pic is ribbon storage: spools slide onto wire hangers, an inexpensive quilt rack with a shelf and even a ribbon box. The box is my least fav method btw. I also included a pic of silk flowers in jars on the window shelf by my desk.

2nd pic is other misc storage: spice racks with misc embellishments, scissors, tools, pens, etc. I took an empty opaque glass nite cream jar, cleaned it out well and now keep a small amount of OMS in it.

StamPoor 03-25-2010 06:37 PM

Thanks for sharing your photos, Stacy. I love seeing how different stampers creatively deal with storage problems.

Theresagram 03-25-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacy (Post 73342)
Here are some pics of things I've mentioned, sorry it took so long to get around to it.

First pic is ribbon storage: spools slide onto wire hangers, an inexpensive quilt rack with a shelf and even a ribbon box. The box is my least fav method btw. I also included a pic of silk flowers in jars on the window shelf by my desk.

2nd pic is other misc storage: spice racks with misc embellishments, scissors, tools, pens, etc. I took an empty opaque glass nite cream jar, cleaned it out well and now keep a small amount of OMS in it.

Very cool!!! :clap: Love the pics!! Thanks for sharing!! Looks like you've got a nice big window that lets in lots of light too!!! I love seeing pics of peoples craft spaces!!!

Darci Simmons 03-26-2010 08:07 AM

Thanks for the pictures, Stacy! Love seeing what you've done! :D

piecesandpom 03-26-2010 09:30 AM

What I wouldn't give to have space in my stamping area for more shelves! I have two windows, my stamping hutch kitty-corner between them, but my supplies end up in drawers or containers as I don't have room to display them. The shelves in the hutch hold markers, pens, chalks and lots of stamps (most in CD cases, etc.) at this point. Love the quilt rack idea for ribbon and space on top for additional storage!

stampin stacy 03-26-2010 02:02 PM

Thanks everyone, I have had to be somewhat creative and use what I already had around. BTW, an empty Velveeta cheese box is the perfect size for most Sizzix dies. I haven't gotten around to altering/decorating mine so nothing worth showing off yet. I did after all just enter the world of die cutting/collecting this year. :noway:

I'm with you on the wish I had more shelf piecesandpom but then I think no matter how many you had you'd just want more, lol. I have stuff stacked on the floor all around my desk, :confusion:.

Quote:

Love the quilt rack idea
and it was an ABC Distb. cheapo too.

Theresagram 03-26-2010 06:20 PM

An empty Velveeta box is also the perfect size for atc stock!

StamPoor 03-27-2010 09:36 AM

Making use of the "right" sized boxes is such a good organizational hint. I try to view each box that comes my way for it's potential and save it if I think it will be useful. And it's all FREE!