Rubber Stamp Chat

Rubber Stamp Chat (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/index.php)
-   Card Exchanges, Swaps & Challenges (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   RSC Info (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=6114)

I Brake For Stamps 09-28-2016 02:51 PM

RSC Info

Hi, Unfortunately, we will be shutting down RSC on 11/18/16. I can't find anyone to take it over so I wanted the swappers to know so you can wrap things up. With all of the members here, only 12 to 15 log in and it's just not worth paying for this (not that you 12 to 15 are not worth it). Sorry for the news.
Della

Elayne 09-28-2016 04:07 PM

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. I appreciate you doing what you've done so far.

Renee 09-29-2016 07:18 AM

:eek: OH NO!!! :cry:

alsmouse 09-29-2016 09:36 AM

So sorry to hear this but understand completely. We all wish it could last forever, however with so few people actually signing in, your decision is quite valid.
I have amazingly artful friends that I otherwise would never have met without RSC. I hope the swap groups can continue swapping, because i enjoy seeing each & every one of these artists creations.
I and I believe all the others, have appreciated you keeping the boards open as long as you have. You have been very supportive of stamping for many years. Thank you ever so much, Della

Lady Kestrel 09-29-2016 12:38 PM

I am so very sorry to hear this. I understand how difficult it is to maintain a website, but I will miss coming here. I hope we'll be able to keep the swaps going among us anyway. I will be sure to share my email address with anyone who wants to continue.

I Brake For Stamps 09-29-2016 03:05 PM

This forum doesn't really require a lot of maintenance like a website does. For the few people that log in every day, it has become an unnecessary bill every month. It would be different if there was a lot more participation. I am glad that everyone so far is being understanding. I know a lot of you will miss it as well.

Renee 09-29-2016 03:53 PM

Della, how pricey is this bill every month? Might some sort of dues system work? For me, personally, I have chosen not to pursue another particular nation-wide stamping group because of their monthly fee. I thought "Heck no. I get everything they offer on RSC." Didn't realize there was an expense involved.

Spideycindy 09-29-2016 05:49 PM

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping this site alive for so long. I realize that I was not here very often , but do understand. I certainly have made some wonderful friends here, and have even been fortunate to visit and meet a very special friend. That would not have happened without this forum! If you decide as a group of friends to create a private group on facebook maybe that would be a way to share and keep in touch? I have another friend from another forum that missed swapping and she created a private group and was able to keep it going at no cost? I am not a savvy moderator but that might be a thought. If say it was called Friends of Rubber Stamp Chat , would that step on legal or trademark toes? I am not volunteering to do this as I don't know how but someone might know how to do this and if you keep it private that would be a way to keep spam out? Friends can join by invite through the moderator. My spinning wheel friends has a private group and we are able to ask questions, share pictures of our work, etc. I hope something can work out.

I Brake For Stamps 09-29-2016 06:29 PM

Renee, The cost is $35 per month. In order for this forum to run, you need a server, just like websites need servers to run. Also, there is the domain name but that is paid for for another year. I pay my guy quarterly to keep this up.

Susanlhl 09-30-2016 03:17 AM

Thank you very much for starting and maintaining RSC for so long, Della. I have appreciated being here and meeting some lovely crafters through it.

If a Facebook group were started, it would be something I would like to be part of.

Elayne 09-30-2016 07:13 AM

Invisionfree.com zIFboards is free forum board. I'm not technical enough to start it. There is no fee, altho someone has to monitor it for obvious reasons.

When PCCrafter closed their forum one of the gals opened this forum for us to continue to be in touch and do swaps. Worth checking into.

chococat 09-30-2016 10:49 AM

I'm sorry to hear this, but do understand and appreciate that you've kept it open as long as you have. I haven't been that active for a while, but I have enjoyed all the creativity that has been shared here.

CritterPortraits 09-30-2016 04:26 PM

Oh pooh....I love our RSC group of swappers...if i had a connection other than phone I would try to start something.....but I'm un-able to monitor well by smart phone.

Yankee 09-30-2016 04:59 PM

What other groups does everyone belong too?
I followed someone over here, from another group that folded.

CritterPortraits 09-30-2016 05:01 PM

Facebook....only other one I currently check often.

Don 09-30-2016 05:54 PM

I enjoy scrapbook.com. They have a card section and a scrapbook section and a store. You could check it out http://www.scrapbook.com/.

Elayne 09-30-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee (Post 201499)
What other groups does everyone belong too?
I followed someone over here, from another group that folded.

I've been with invisionfree.com/hugsisters for about 10 yrs.
It used to be prccrafter. They use a lot of clipart versus stamping, altho a few of us are stampers.

I used to belong to ACMoore's board, it closed, then Michaels, it closed, then pccrafter, it closed. A Quilling board that only has about 5 posts a month. A lot of people use the Cricut board. I have a cricut but use it mainly for school things, but I seem to be using it more for cards.

SplitCoaststampers is a huge board and they have a ton of swaps, I may get back into them again. The only problem I had with them is that they do big swaps and I got tired of running to po for mailing the pkgs. Its certainly worth anyone checking into. They do everything in swaps.

I know there are some UK boards but the mail is expensive and it takes a long time for anyone overseas to get anything.

GameGirlAZ D 09-30-2016 08:40 PM

It is really sad that this forum will end because I have grown as
a stamper and as a crafter through particpation in crafting
activities via this forum. I sincerely appreciate your efforts
Della and all those who were so pleasant and crafty wonderful
through the months and years that I have taken part in this
forum. I would love to remain active with those of you who
would like to swap or talk about crafting. The thought of
everyone parting is very sad. I wish everyone the very best.

jaimie sander 10-06-2016 05:43 AM

I am so sorry to hear that RSC will be closing down! I've had a hard time finding time to be creative lately,and I just don't have the room to store all the swap items,especially when we are doing monthly trades. Everyone has been wonderful here. I have been doing some swapping with a Yahoo group called The Paper Traders,maybe some of you would like to check that out. The swaps are usually 3 for 3 , which is more manageable for me. My email is purplejaimie@gmail.com for anyone that would like to keep in touch,and maybe swap. Thank you Della for keeping us going as long as you could.

Elayne 10-06-2016 06:59 AM

What Jaimie said is about right for me too.

If the ATC trades were a little smaller, less than 5, I'd probably join more.

CritterPortraits 10-06-2016 03:53 PM

Please note...Stampo said he will keep RSC active!

Stampo 10-06-2016 11:42 PM

Yes, I'll take over as of 11/18 when Della finishes -- same bat channel.

susi1662 04-20-2017 06:42 AM

Yay! I just refound RSC again, and it looks like it's been inactive for about a year. Let's get the party going again.
Susi (aka hand1heart)
Posted via Mobile Device

Renee 04-20-2017 09:01 AM

I've been thinking we need to do some ATC swaps. Unfortunately, I won't be able to host one until at least six weeks from now. Life is getting in the way right now. :sad: