Rubber Stamp Chat

Rubber Stamp Chat (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/index.php)
-   Stamp Talk (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Handmade Decorative Envelopes (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=4054)

wolfeyesone 10-23-2010 01:53 PM

Handmade Decorative Envelopes

Does anyone like sending and/or receiving beautifully created envelopes ?

Containing a stamp or two of course !

Thought it might be nice to have a thread to be able to post some Envie's on. For inspiration, helpful hints, to admire.....

Feel free to share your creations !

You can post pictures with or without descriptions. You may want to include any technique's used to create it, materials needed, stamp Co names, Why you picked the design you did, we're you thinking or feeling something in particular when you designed that Envie ? Is there a story behind it ? or did you just feel like playing around..

All works of art should be enjoyable, relaxing, fun & NOT be stressfull. Perfection isn't neccessary..smudges, spills & the like happen all the time, please don't let a little mishap stop you from sharing that otherwise ingenious stamped scene, coloring job, technique you tried ...ect...

Hope you'll share your envie artwork with us !

wolfeyesone 10-23-2010 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just to get us started
Here is an envelope I made for ( believe it or not) my Dad's Birthday ! When I asked him what he would like for his birthday, he said a handmade card & decorated envelope. I did not have any Manly birthday stamps so this is what he got ! My mom said he got a big kick out if it & liked it cause I made it.

The coloring was done with Prismacolor pencils & gel pens. The stamps I believe are IBFS.

TheAfricanQueen 10-23-2010 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the envie I made for the Sept RSC card swap. Pretty simple.

TheAfricanQueen 10-23-2010 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more of my recently made envies:

TheAfricanQueen 10-23-2010 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think this is my most favorite one that I've made thus far:

inkkyjo 10-23-2010 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i tried to get up your halloween envie..but i cant for the living tar in me get any pictures loaded here...sorry wolf..but this is a great thread..and i liked seeing your and african queens work..great idea you had here wolf..let me try again..by gosh..i think i did it..here wolf..heres one of yours..enjoy everyone..wolf is good at this

Attachment 1588 opps..i dont know how to get it upright..lol

TheAfricanQueen 10-23-2010 07:40 PM

Wolf, I love your envie!

wolfeyesone 10-23-2010 08:42 PM

AQ- Beautiful envie's !!! I like the one you said was your favorite, but the one with the colorful sky & trees in really cool. Their all great TFS them :)

wolfeyesone 10-23-2010 08:44 PM

Inkkyjo- :) I want to post the one's you sent me is that alright ??

TheAfricanQueen 10-23-2010 09:19 PM

Thank you Wolfie! I think I'm addicted! As soon as I get the envie finished for it, I will post it here.