Rubber Stamp Chat

Rubber Stamp Chat (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/index.php)
-   Stamp Talk (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   INKS for block rubber stamping (http://www.rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=6101)

brushedup 07-11-2016 10:37 PM

INKS for block rubber stamping

Hello!

I recently took up block rubber stamping after a workshop I attended a couple of months ago. Now I have more free time and some extra space I thought I would take it up more.

I have everything I need apart from the inks. I cannot remember for the life of me what brand of inks my tutor used. I have been researching but still struggling to decide what to get. I want to do a range of block rubber stamp printing , from cards to printing on linen/cotton towels and other fabrics... so a brand of ink that is good all around.

I want a good quality .

any suggestions would be lovely! thanks in advance folks!

chococat 07-12-2016 12:07 PM

Is this for something like stamp carving?

I just started getting into stamp carving and I've used the Hero Arts dye inks and Versafine and like the coverage, but I don't know how they'll do stamping on fabric as I haven't attempted that yet.

Archival inks are mentioned in a couple of carving books I have. They are waterproof, so may be ok on fabric as well.

brushedup 07-12-2016 08:15 PM

inks

Hello!

Yes you do carve the rubber but once you do that you attach to a block of wood for good pressure. Cant post a pic but you can check on google rubber stamp block printing.. good for fabrics

ok so Hero Arts dye and Versafine... cool thanks i will check them out,

I am still awaiting a response from a friend on what she uses... will get back to you! thanks again :-)

brushedup 07-13-2016 09:03 PM

speed ball inks

Any one familiar with speed ball inks? thanks

fab 07-14-2016 08:02 PM

Yes, I used to use it for leaf printing. You first have to spread it on a smooth surface (I like a linoleum flooring square for this). Then run the brayer over the carved surface a couple of times for good coverage. This one should work on fabric. Or you could load a brayer with fabric paint and use this way too.

brushedup 07-14-2016 08:18 PM

brayer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fab (Post 200571)
Yes, I used to use it for leaf printing. You first have to spread it on a smooth surface (I like a linoleum flooring square for this). Then run the brayer over the carved surface a couple of times for good coverage. This one should work on fabric. Or you could load a brayer with fabric paint and use this way too.

Hey thanks for your response

What do you mean when you say load a brayer with fabric? sounds interesting!

fab 07-14-2016 08:24 PM

I said fabric PAINT. You load the brayer by pouring fabric paint onto a hard surface (same as with the Speedball Ink) then rolling the brayer through it several times, turn the plate and run the brayer crosswise. Then you use the brayer to put paint on your carved stamp. Perhaps you can find a YouTube video that shows this. Most paints used on fabric should be allowed to dry flat, then heat set before you wear or launder them.

brushedup 07-14-2016 09:27 PM

ok thanks will do!

chococat 07-15-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brushedup (Post 200535)
Hello!

Yes you do carve the rubber but once you do that you attach to a block of wood for good pressure. Cant post a pic but you can check on google rubber stamp block printing.. good for fabrics

ok so Hero Arts dye and Versafine... cool thanks i will check them out,

I am still awaiting a response from a friend on what she uses... will get back to you! thanks again :-)

Ok :)

brushedup 07-17-2016 06:26 PM

Ok so after researching finally I have come to a conclusion of using not only Speedball inks but also found a really good range of Stazon rubber stamp ink for sale on a site i found , hosts a variety and is a good starting point i think! Thanks alot for peoples help! Hope this helps others!