Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Cookie Muncher

I have a simple positioner I've used for years. The base is a 5" x 6" acrylic sheet with a thicker L-shaped square. I stamp the image on the sheet with the stamp snugged up against the square, then I position the image where I want it with the square in place, remove the sheet, and stamp the image using the square as my guide.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:22 PM

For some reason the Stampamajig never worked for me. My hand didn't put the stamp down the same way, my fingers had ink on them, etc. Using my MISTI this Christmas I actually had solid image stamps that looked like they were supposed to. I had to use three different inks to get the Christmas tree the color I wanted. . .couldn't do that with my jig. I haven't had a single crooked sentiment since I started using it. I hoped it would save my hands and wrists from too much stamping carpal tunnel and so far it's working!
Old 01-28-2016, 01:32 PM

Karen, I am SO glad to hear how well the MISTI is working for you! I totally understnd the carpel tunnel thing, too. Not a bad investment over all, huh? I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Or make my own...which is what I did to see if I wanted to 'invest'. Good tools are so important whether for fun or work.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:41 PM

I just received the e-mail today from Creek Bank that my MISTI was being shipped today. They weren't expecting to have them until March 1st. Since I have valentines to make for family & friends, a b-day card for a niece, an ATC swap, and the FUN card swap for the B-Day swap all before Feb. 20th, I'll get lots of use from it!
Old 01-29-2016, 12:47 PM

Well it's a good thing those MISTIs came in early, you got a LOT of fun stuff to get done...lol!

ENJOY!!
Old 01-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Been real & been fun

I'd like to see pics, Renee, of you utilizing this tool.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:52 AM

I would love to see you using it too, Renee. I have had one fro a bit but have not taken it out to play with yet.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:29 AM

I'm going to have dh apply the grids and stuff for me, as he's steadier than I. That has to wait until sometime tomorrow evening or maybe even Monday evening. He's big time into building scale model cars, and a chat room he's part of is holding their annual 24-hour build. It just started @ 12:00 p.m. Sat., 01/30/16, and will end at noon tomorrow, 01/31/16. This is the first time he's decided to be part of it, if memory serves. (It frequently doesn't, and since he's already downstairs working on the car, I'll wait to ask.)
Old 01-30-2016, 11:13 PM
Been real & been fun

Back in 2010, JadeBuddah (whom I miss very much) presented the idea of a flat doll swap. If you do a seach for Flat Doll, you should come up with several entries.

Why am I bringing this up? this is just an idea that may or may not fly, as the case may be. So read more about them and then let me know if any or all of you can see where I am going with this...We don't want to bother the 'pit' crew, Renee, or this won't fly at all. Ever. Mum's the word...unless you are an RSCer...

Back to the item...I wonder if the clear rocker arm I have would serve the same cause as the MISTI...
Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 AM

I just recently got my self a MISTI. I like it.