Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:46 PM

Default MISTI Stamp Tool

I've been drooling over a MISTI Stamp Tool, thinking it would be a great tool for me, since I have lots of trouble stamping stuff evenly and with a consistent amount of pressure. The price, however ($ 119.99 @ Simon Says Stamp, for example) was keeping me from biting the bullet, though. At a recent stamp show, I met Julie & Tom Creek, owners of Creekbank Creations (creakbankcreations.com). Today I received an e-mail from them, and I was perusing their website. They have the MISTI Stamping Tool for sale for $60.00, which includes shipping. I was discussing this with dh at dinner, and he has strongly encouraged me to get one. (It wasn't exactly an order, as if he would ever actually do anything like that. Like I would actually listen to that tone of voice! )
Old 01-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Been real & been fun

When my husband says he thinks I should go with something, I don't second guess him. I say GO FOR IT!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:29 PM
I Brake For Stamps

I read that at a mini misti will be previewed at CHA. Here is the manufacturer:

http://www.mysweetpetunia.com/category-s/107.htm

Last edited by I Brake For Stamps; 01-06-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:34 PM

Or you could make one, like mine; http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/1...43/-1/0/0.html
Old 01-06-2016, 11:55 PM

I've been using a gutted DVD case as a Misti. But I'd love a DIY one like Don's.
Don - would you please let us know the dimensions & directions you used for yours?
Thank you.
~C8>
Old 01-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Been real & been fun

What's it do?
Old 01-08-2016, 04:54 PM

It is a paper & stamp positioner. It allows you to have accurate stamping of images, allows you to make multiple cards in a short period of time.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:48 PM

LOVE my MISTI!!

My hubby is that same way, we are fortunate women! I was debating the Cameo for months, He told me to order it but I wanted to consider it longer...I know what you mean. I did finally get the Cameo last month.

I ordered the MISTI from SweetPetunia...and also ordered the cleaner so there is no risk of the plates cracking due to the wrong chemicals. A damp cloth or an alcohol free baby wipe is good, too.

I made one similar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OroCHt54r4) but made with a stamp case that Stampin UP puts their stamps in and it worked great, used painters tape rather than magnets to hold down the paper. I still use painters tape sometimes as the paper can slip from under the magnets, which are very strong and will pinch you. Also, keep those magnets away from your small electronics.

After using the DIY stamping tool for a while, I 'invested' in the MISTI. There is another option on etsy for a less expensive one it is called the StampeRor.

It is a bite to spend that much as we all try to be cost effective in our purchases but I found it to be a quality investment....about what you would spend on a stamp set and matching die set.

Last edited by CottageBliss; 01-08-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Don, yours looks AMAZING!!

Where did you buy the acrylic? I'd love to share your 'how-to' with a couple of friends who are on tight budgets. If you aren't considering selling your patterns, etc. and would be open to sharing. Totally understand if you can't at this time.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:04 PM

It really doesn't matter the dimensions of the Klingon. It's 2 flat plates, 3 edges, and a hinge. The overall size of my Klingon is 6 X 9. I took one look at the misti and figured out how it was made. I just went to Tap Plastics and browsed for what I needed. They cut all the pieces to size for me. I took it all home and assembled it on my craft table. It is all held together with a liquid cement. I probably spent about hour on a 10 minute project.
I just watched the StampeRor video. My guess is it would cost less than $10 to make your own. It looks like a very suitable and efficient tool.