Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Card Exchanges, Swaps & Challenges

Card Exchanges, Swaps & Challenges Host and sign up for exchanges here.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:51 PM
I Brake For Stamps

Default RSC Info

Hi, Unfortunately, we will be shutting down RSC on 11/18/16. I can't find anyone to take it over so I wanted the swappers to know so you can wrap things up. With all of the members here, only 12 to 15 log in and it's just not worth paying for this (not that you 12 to 15 are not worth it). Sorry for the news.
Della
Old 09-28-2016, 04:07 PM

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. I appreciate you doing what you've done so far.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:18 AM

OH NO!!!
Old 09-29-2016, 09:36 AM

So sorry to hear this but understand completely. We all wish it could last forever, however with so few people actually signing in, your decision is quite valid.
I have amazingly artful friends that I otherwise would never have met without RSC. I hope the swap groups can continue swapping, because i enjoy seeing each & every one of these artists creations.
I and I believe all the others, have appreciated you keeping the boards open as long as you have. You have been very supportive of stamping for many years. Thank you ever so much, Della
Old 09-29-2016, 12:38 PM
Cookie Muncher

I am so very sorry to hear this. I understand how difficult it is to maintain a website, but I will miss coming here. I hope we'll be able to keep the swaps going among us anyway. I will be sure to share my email address with anyone who wants to continue.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:05 PM
I Brake For Stamps

This forum doesn't really require a lot of maintenance like a website does. For the few people that log in every day, it has become an unnecessary bill every month. It would be different if there was a lot more participation. I am glad that everyone so far is being understanding. I know a lot of you will miss it as well.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:53 PM

Della, how pricey is this bill every month? Might some sort of dues system work? For me, personally, I have chosen not to pursue another particular nation-wide stamping group because of their monthly fee. I thought "Heck no. I get everything they offer on RSC." Didn't realize there was an expense involved.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:49 PM
Spideycindy

Location: I reside in Nice, California. Very rural but beautiful.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping this site alive for so long. I realize that I was not here very often , but do understand. I certainly have made some wonderful friends here, and have even been fortunate to visit and meet a very special friend. That would not have happened without this forum! If you decide as a group of friends to create a private group on facebook maybe that would be a way to share and keep in touch? I have another friend from another forum that missed swapping and she created a private group and was able to keep it going at no cost? I am not a savvy moderator but that might be a thought. If say it was called Friends of Rubber Stamp Chat , would that step on legal or trademark toes? I am not volunteering to do this as I don't know how but someone might know how to do this and if you keep it private that would be a way to keep spam out? Friends can join by invite through the moderator. My spinning wheel friends has a private group and we are able to ask questions, share pictures of our work, etc. I hope something can work out.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:29 PM
I Brake For Stamps

Renee, The cost is $35 per month. In order for this forum to run, you need a server, just like websites need servers to run. Also, there is the domain name but that is paid for for another year. I pay my guy quarterly to keep this up.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:17 AM

Thank you very much for starting and maintaining RSC for so long, Della. I have appreciated being here and meeting some lovely crafters through it.

If a Facebook group were started, it would be something I would like to be part of.