Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Been real & been fun

Default Distress Ink Color Matching

I've a major project I'm about to embark upon but am stuck on shades of two colors I plan on using: John Deere green and VW red.

Anyone have ideas on what colors these would match on the Tim Holz Distress Inks?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:28 AM
UpsideDown

I got so frustrated with ink pad colors that I make a reference sheet. I know this doesn't solve your problem but I can say that Distress pads have four reds (Festive Berries, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany) -- Barn Door is the closest to a primary red. Berries is a tiny bit bluer while Brick is warmer. As for green Mowed Lawn is pretty much it because Peeled Paint is more olive and Forest Moss a darker shade of it. Evergreen and Pine Needles are too teal.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Been real & been fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsideDown View Post
I got so frustrated with ink pad colors that I make a reference sheet. I know this doesn't solve your problem but I can say that Distress pads have four reds (Festive Berries, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany) -- Barn Door is the closest to a primary red. Berries is a tiny bit bluer while Brick is warmer. As for green Mowed Lawn is pretty much it because Peeled Paint is more olive and Forest Moss a darker shade of it. Evergreen and Pine Needles are too teal.
My problem is similar to yours. Thank you for your input because I've been thinking the same thing about the colors you mentioned.