Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
bigcaat

Default Stamping Velvet w/Black Rubber?

Hi.

I'm new here. I really like the stamps OnxyExpressions has to sell. I was just wondering, though, before I 'push the button,' is the black rubber strong enough, like the red rubber, to withstand the heat of an iron to stamp velvet?

Thanks,
Caat
Old 08-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Thumbs up

Hi, Caat!

Can't speak to the specific company, but here's my take about 'colored rubber'. So long as the material is 'true rubber' it will take all the abuse I throw at it--including heat-stamping. Haven't done velvet for years, but love the effect. Ever heat-stamp corduroy or velour?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:32 PM
bigcaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel R. View Post
Hi, Caat!

Can't speak to the specific company, but here's my take about 'colored rubber'. So long as the material is 'true rubber' it will take all the abuse I throw at it--including heat-stamping. Haven't done velvet for years, but love the effect. Ever heat-stamp corduroy or velour?
Thanks, Daniel.

That's what I suspected. I will find out for sure, though. I called OnxyExpressions to ask, and she was really nice. She said she didn't know, but she's going to send me a small stamp to test out.

Their website states: "OnyxXpressions stamps are vulcanized from "beautiful, black rubba" made
from a composite material of raw rubber and synthetics."

We'll see how it works. I thought this site was run by them, but maybe not. They have some beautiful stuff, though.
---------
I have not tried embossing corduroy. I will try that. Thanks!

Caat
Old 08-16-2007, 01:03 PM

Wink

Talk about a company that 'gets it'!!! Thanx for sharing, Kate. Definitely going to check out Onyx--not for freebies, but 'cause they sound like people who understand 'customer service'!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

All rubber has a dye added. Most are red or pink and a few use gray. A few stamp companies have special rubber made for them with custom colors but it's still the same type of rubber and can withstand the same treatment as any other rubber stamp you own.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:20 PM
bigcaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel R. View Post
Talk about a company that 'gets it'!!! Thanx for sharing, Kate. Definitely going to check out Onyx--not for freebies, but 'cause they sound like people who understand 'customer service'!
Oh, yes, do. They have beautiful stuff. Very classy. And, yes. Being conscientious of the customer is a rare commodity these days, isn't it.

I just bought some velvet from one lady, I didn't actually want to buy full yards, but that's how she sells it. I could have gotten it from several other places, but it was the same type of deal. We spoke on the phone, it was very personal, and she, (unlike the owner of "hotpotatoes.com") was so customer oriented, I just wanted to give her my business.

When I get my website up and running, (hopefully very soon) I hope I can live up to the example set by these two women.

Caat
Old 08-16-2007, 01:23 PM
bigcaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayAmy View Post
All rubber has a dye added. Most are red or pink and a few use gray. A few stamp companies have special rubber made for them with custom colors but it's still the same type of rubber and can withstand the same treatment as any other rubber stamp you own.
Thanks, Amy.

Great site you have here.

Caat
Old 08-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Beeswax Rubber Stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcaat View Post
Thanks, Amy.

Great site you have here.

Caat
Thanks Caat...glad you joined us!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 AM

I love companies that have excellent customer service. They are certainly worth shopping from!

My Blog
The Crafty Table