Rubber Stamp Chat

Go Back   Rubber Stamp Chat > Studio > Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials Learn new stamping techniques and projects. Ask how stamping techniques are done here.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Craft Curmududgeon

Default Using pattern paper to help carry the stamping load.

Working with pattern paper along with stamping is a relatively recent aspect for me.

Of late, I'm finding that PP can help my stamp images in so many ways. As an example, I used several different pattern papers to build an environment for the stamped elements in a Mother Goose challenge.

How about y'all. Do you let PP help your images? How? Hope you'll share.

With my example, I used the PPs to make a 'room' & let the stamped images devoid of color so they would not get lost in the BG. I also used the patterns to add perspective to the project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DanielMG001.jpg (40.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 05-29-2013, 02:55 PM

That is very clever use of the dp, Daniel. I don't think I have used any in that particular way. I usually use dp to make my backgrounds more interesting on both cards and layouts, but I had not thought about using them to create perspective. I mat photos and elements sometimes to make them stand out from the background paper though?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 PM

Marvelous use of dp, Daniel. Love the way you created a room with it! Lately I've been using coordinating color papers to create quilt look backgrounds, and then solid mats to set off sentiments. Now thinking of creating a room look to help "ground" images. TFS
Old 05-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Cookie Muncher

I used two papers here to create the desk and wallpaper for an ATC here in my gallery:
http://www.rubberstampchat.net/galle...user=2091&sl=l

For my calendar scenes, I often use patterned papers for wallpaper or tiles. These two come from my calendars for gamers:

Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 PM

I love the contrast of the Black and White stamped images against the busy patterns. It really works for me.

I love the "Clueless" page as we played that game a lot.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:57 PM

Daniel that card is so squee! I don't mean that from the mouse point of view. I saw your card and I just squealed. Your creation is so darn cute I can't stop squealing over it. You should submit it to a magazine.

You always have the best questions. My mind always goes blank when you ask them, ROFL! I love pattern paper for my stamp pieces.

Some of the things I use PP for when stamping are paper piecing. I also like to stamp the image on PP. You can also add a little glaze to your stamp piece for extra pop. You can use clear nail polish too. Of course I like to layer PP around my stamp piece like this- http://s54.photobucket.com/user/lyla...ml?sort=3&o=29

I really had to dig for that example. Shows you how long I have logged into my Photobucket, lol.

LadyK- I love your cards. Both of your cards made me laugh. I am pretty sure they are references to Clue?
Old 05-31-2013, 12:14 AM

DeeAnn, that is such a sweet card. The house mouse is a great line of stamps and I just got 3 new ones.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:30 AM

I have some examples in my gallery here where I stamped over the DP/PP and just let it be part of the scene.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:00 AM

Some DP lends itself to being overstamped more than others. Sometimes one corner of a 12 x 12 is just perfect to add a sentiment stamp and become a card front with little else added.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 AM

Karen, I just went off to search your gallery and there is so much great stuff there. But it was hard to find examples that were stamped on DP. Can you give us a few gallery numbers to help find them or links?