Rubberstampchat

Go Back   Rubberstampchat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Echo..this site is packed with ideas.
I also followed the "1st generation" of this organization challenge..http://wookiemouse.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html
It has cycled many times since then. Every week focuses on a different area of the craft room, paper, photos, stamps, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsmouse View Post
Here's a site that I find useful. HTH
http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/
~C8>
Old 06-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinNancy View Post

Inks - the ones I use most are in an iris type cart right next to my desk.
What is an iris cart? Is it this?

If so, I use those too. Very useful. If it's something better, show us what it is.

I am often experiementing with storage, trying to find something both compact and useful. My house is small, I don't have a lot of storage space.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:22 PM

Just finished cleaning out the bottom of our big dining room hutch. I found that my big shot and dies/embossing folders in SUp's big die holder fit on the bottom shelf. I've now moved most of my 'extra' stamping stuff (dew drops, jewels, brads and eyelets in altered cigar boxes, etc.,) to this side of the hutch and finally have all my stamping items where I can find them!

I organized so eldest could store some of her stuff in the hutch. . .she's having a real hard time organizing all her grown up things in her child-size bedroom. And, she has lots of crafty and teaching stuff for pre-K to grade two.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Stamp Hoarder

I have most of my rubber stamps on EZ Mount and in binders. I have around 50 binders and they are all organized by theme; white binders alphabet sets, pink binders women, blue binders, men, green for scenery, etc.

I once calculated that it would take somewhere around 800 cd cases for my stamps...and even then the large ones wouldn't fit in cd cases. That system I know works great for some, but I don't have the patience to go rooting thru a million cd cases looking for several stamps for a project.

I have a rolling cart with 7 drawers. That's where I keep my inks, along with several drawers of alphabet sets that are too small to bother with unmounting.

My scissors and tweezers and things are mostly in pretty pots on my window sill. (I get these beautiful pots from a local potter and just love having them all over!)

Stencils: I store all my stencils in a drawer, flat. Always have and have never had any problems with them. Some are the old 12x12 scrapbook stencils and wouldn't fit in a binder, otherwise I think I'd store them all in binders in clear page protector things to find them faster and easier. Stencils I use a lot are hanging from push pins on the bulletin board next to my table.

Mostly everything else is in clear bins with lids and marked what's in there.

I also have shelves that are dedicate to certain things; atc shelf, chunky book shelve, coloring supplies - watercolors, twinkling H20's, watercolor pencils, markers, etc.

I also have several pots that always stay on my table with colored pencils, stipple brushes, blending stumps and other things that i use a lot.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Onward and upward!

Location: It's hard to live in the smoke when you've lived in the fire!

I just found that recycling 2 pint glass jars works quite well for housing my Prismacolor pencils.

Where you are, there you are.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAfricanQueen View Post
I just found that recycling 2 pint glass jars works quite well for housing my Prismacolor pencils.

What a cool idea!! Thanks! I've been using those pencil boxes that the kids need every year for school right now and they take up a lot of room.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Onward and upward!

Location: It's hard to live in the smoke when you've lived in the fire!

Thank you. I got it from Karen Lockhart's site, which is how she houses her Prismcolor pencils. Here's some more information on the Prismacolor and the jelly jars.

Where you are, there you are.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 AM

I keep my Prismas in a large (read 9x13 sheet cake) sized plastic container by color group with a hair loop keeping them together. When I travel, I pick out the colors I want to use & put them into the kids pencil boxes. I have an electric pencil sharpener at home & have a hand style fine German one with replaceable blades for travel. HTH
~C8>
Old 06-08-2012, 06:52 AM

I still store my Prisma's in the tin they came in, I did however reorganize them by color groups immediately upon opening.

When I need them I just fan the trays out in front of me, then when done stack the trays back into the tin. I keep the tin in my desk drawer right beside me. This way the pencils can't get knocked off the desk top resulting in broken leads and more importantly DS wouldn't be tempted to use them for school stuff. He was welcome to the other pencils all he wanted, just not my Prisma's.

My non Prismas are out in a tray behind me separtated by colors using toilet paper tubes, same for markers.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:16 PM

TP tubes?? I never would have thought of that. What a great way to recycle. Thanks Stacy!!